It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Tube disabling audio?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm a bit surprised I couldn't find a thread on this here if there is I'm sorry im starting a new one. I'm starting to play with video editing. I wanted to take some of my home movies and upload them into You Tube videos for the world to see.

So I uploaded a video of me playing tennis with 2 Guns and Roses songs on it, which I own from the 80's on CDs, and the audio was ripped out due to copyright issues. I wanted to play it with the music AND the tennis sounds.

I come to find out this is a huge issue, I mean this is supposed to be video sharing. If I wanted to show me singing a Kareoke song of Bon Jovi, I should be able to post on You Tube. Instead I have to sing a Kareoke a song from an independant artist no one ever heard of and nobody knows the words to. Nobody is going to do that.

I have two links that best describe it, believe it or not from YOU TUBE!!!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I was planning on making my own Movie Trailers and Music Videos from Video Game trailers. I am not making any profit from this, it is purely entertainment and I want to the world to see to critique my videos. I know I have other outlets and I will likely use them but I just wanted to open a topic of discussion to see what everything thinks. You tube is the biggest video sharing site and I wanted to post on there.

On a lighter note I was able to post a video of me falling off a bike and used the Benny Hill theme.

www.youtube.com...

So far the audio is still there and I got it from televisiontunes.com. However if the audio was removed, well you know why.

edit: typos

[edit on 21-7-2009 by mvirata]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by mvirata]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

I don't think it's youtube per se, that are removing it. It's the music companies i think for example WMG or something like that (Warner Music Group?)

Usually the audio is removed like this because of copyright issues. It's really stupid, i agree. Well that is my understanding of the situation anyway. I might be wrong about it....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing the reason is because you can rip the video's and/or audio to your hard drive with plug-ins so it's a way for people to still rip the music and get it for free.

So not surprised the music networks are trying to stop the music from being placed on you tube video's.

I'm actually surprised it didn't happen years ago.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Exactly Kram09.

Youtube never removes video or audio unless they are TOLD TO by the respective owners. And you can't complain about that. If you make something and sell it for money, you may not want people uploading your work on Youtube (well, here it's the companies with rights, not Guns and Roses).

But they have a system that compares sequences of music you uploaded to those in their database. I would open the track in some editing sw (Audacity) and SLIGHTLY CHANGE THE FREQUENCY. Only for like 50 Hz or something like that, you won't tell the difference but the robot that checks the songs won't recognize it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

1) Go to "My Videos".
2) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose "resolve copyright" from there.
3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
4) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it; "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

answers.yahoo

new topics

top topics

join