It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity killed the cat: Masonry and the Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
But satisfaction brought her back!

I know there are lodges in Turkey and in Israel, but are there lodges in the Muslim countries?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Freemasonry is not bound by borders or religious groups/cultural tendencies. I think this is one of the things that truly frustrates the detractors of the craft. How could something be universal and accepted? It's a conspiracy! Or so the naysayers would have you believe. Basically anywhere the colonial nations of Europe went, so did Masonry. To have some fun along the same lines, figure out the meaning of this: "You are now a brother to pirates and corsairs". There�s an interesting way that Masonry spread.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Mirthful Me - Great answer

I myself an not aware of any country currently that does not have a lodge. But, of course I have not traveled THAT extensivly to find out... ha ha There are alot of muslims in masonry.

Here is a pretty good site www.geocities.com...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Muslim nations that are democratic have Masonic Lodges; however, most are not democratic.
For example, Turkey, the mst liberal of the Islamic countries, has many Lodges, with a Grand Lodge and a Supreme Council of the 33�, located at Istanbul. Also, the Grand Lodge of Israel has chartered several Arabic-speaking Lodges for the Palestinian Brethren.
On the other hand, the Grand Lodge of Iran was forced into exile during the Ayatollah Khomeini's fundamentalist revolution of 1979, and its offices are now located in Los Angeles, California. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Syria, and Yemen have banned Freemasonry. There are a few Masonic Lodges in Jordan and United Arab Emirates. I have heard that the late King Hussein of Jordan was a Mason, as is his son, the present King Abdullah, but have been as yet unable to verify this. Both were educated in the west and have adopted liberal views, which makes the claim possible.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good link, jon.

Who knows, even in the non-democratic countries maybe there are masons. Just in secret, because of the bans.

thanks!

top topics

join