It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global swine flu death toll at 700

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Global swine flu death toll at 700

www.google.com

The World Health Organisation said there have been more than 700 deaths from swine flu since the start of the outbreak.

The figure is an increase of some 300 since the start of the month.

The global body said it doesn't know how many cases there are worldwide because it stopped asking countries to report infections last week.

Who spokeswoman Aphaluck Bhatiasevi said the Geneva-based agency is examining various measures countries can take to slow the spread of the disease.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

She said that school closures could be among the recommendations but that it was up to each country to consider appropriate steps for their situations.

This has just been mentioned on the BBC news. And a govt. spokesman said shutting schools would be harmful to the economy as the parents will have to stay off work, for example the parents could be doctors, nurses, lorry drivers, etc - these are all vital to keep running. So he suggested school closures won't happen in the UK.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ye, I've just seen the BBC news and couldn't believe that they put the ecconomy before life, well I suppose the UK government are hoping that everyone will continue to work so they can collect the taxes and then a shed load of folk kick the bucket then they can send in the menials to collect the death duty thus bolstering government coffers even more (deap breath). Or am I being cynical?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by yeebsy]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
700 people deaths is a far cry of what the seasonal flu does globally around the world.

Do you know that over half a million people die during the flu season all over the world?

Influenza epidemics occur yearly during autumn and winter in temperate regions. Illnesses result in hospitalizations and deaths mainly among high-risk groups (the very young, elderly or chronically ill). Worldwide, these annual epidemics result in about three to five million cases of severe illness, and about 250 000 to 500 000 deaths. Most deaths associated with influenza in industrialized countries occur among people age 65 or older. In some tropical countries, influenza viruses circulate throughout the year with one or two peaks during rainy seasons.

www.who.int...

I don't see any levels been raised or any signs of pandemic around with this numbers.

But here you have a swine flu scare and 700 people death and the world is going to end.

Swine flu is a Hoax for Big pharma to profit.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
700... That's about 100 per billion of us...

I guess it will climb higher, but considering that parts per billion are used to regulate toxic elements in our food and drink... I'm having a hard time being alarmed.

[edit on 7/21/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I am not alarmed at all we still have to reach half a million deaths before it can be claim that the swine flu kills more people globally than the seasonal flu.

But is a catch, how many deaths from regular flu season will be attributed to swine flu, after all the numbers for seasonal flu are well known and can be played.

But also I will be concern if we add flu season with swine flu and get one million people globally dying from both flu or more.

Still we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Considering the lack of testing of cases, I'm sure the real figures are much higher.

The 1918 flu didn't mutate and get going up here until October or so.
Wait until that time frame and then look at the figures again.
That'll tell us much more than what we are seeing now.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Still I am more concern of how many people dying from seasonal flu globally will be attributed with dying with swine flu, because like you say is not testing in many instances.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've been following this map. It's numbers have been consistently higher than the officially reported ones. Currently it lists over a thousand deaths..

Swine Flu Map

[edit on 21-7-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense.

Swine flu is sooo bad, soooo terrible, why that lack of enthusiasm in gathering data?

I would think that the opposite would be occuring to determine who, where, how many, because of the "hype".

700 deaths world-wide and they can't gather data?

Do they really think we're THAT stupid?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Is 700 really that much? This is Worldwide we are talking about.... the normal flu kills 2000 or more each year and i think thats just in the UK!!

However i will say that the Government & Businesses would of course put wealth before health!! It's always been this way.....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Each year the common cold and flu kills thousands in the US alone. When you consider only 700 world wide fatalites in three and one half months.. thats nothing to spread fear over. WHO is trying to incite fear as per usual.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Perhaps the monetary and economic burden of two different epidemics at the same time is what the governments and the WHO is worry about.

Influenza can cause serious public health and economic problems. In developed countries, epidemics can result in high levels of worker absenteeism and productivity losses. In communities, clinics and hospitals can be overwhelmed when large numbers of sick people appear for treatment during peak illness periods.

From my source, so see is not so much how they want us to keep us safe but the profit loses and economic burden what they are worry about.

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i read a similar article earlier on yahoo about how there may be school closures due to the swine flu, the last sentence on the article says that there are two over the counter drugs that help with the flu and that most cases do not need medical attention, they are finally starting to tell us the truth, i am trying tofind it if someone else has please post it. i dont know why i didnt post it as soon as i saw it, i just woke up when i saw it so i my brain isnt exactly working LOL and my daughter drank my last dr pepper this morning...so i hadnt had any caffine and i was soo mad....LOL ok off to try to find this article again, "searches her history folder"

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
ERM,

7000 deaths in relation to 100000 infections is alarming i think !!

Or is my math wrong ?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by antibyte]

ops, meant 700

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antibyte

Is not 7000 but 700 so yes your math is wrong and It doesn't say how many are infected.

top topics

join