It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion necessary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Religion is a big steamy pile of BS.But it is still around for a reason,probably to do with human psychology.Is it needed? no...Does it add anything worthwile to our society? no....Will it be around for a good while yet? yes.But in all honesty i think people are starting to realise its a dusty old book,good to understand how it shaped alot of our history and how the minds of people worked a long time ago.But it's simple nonsense.A collection of dark age myths and fables with no basis in reality,i have no doubt in a hundred years or so it will have greatly diminished and will be looked upon by people like we do scientology.They will probably be thinking how crazy it was that so many people believed such crap in 2009 when we are just entering a new age of information and technology that will shape the world for centuries to come.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Religion is a big steamy pile of BS.But it is still around for a reason,probably to do with human psychology.Is it needed? no...Does it add anything worthwile to our society? no....Will it be around for a good while yet? yes.But in all honesty i think people are starting to realise its a dusty old book,good to understand how it shaped alot of our history and how the minds of people worked a long time ago.But it's simple nonsense.A collection of dark age myths and fables with no basis in reality,i have no doubt in a hundred years or so it will have greatly diminished and will be looked upon by people like we do scientology.They will probably be thinking how crazy it was that so many people believed such crap in 2009 when we are just entering a new age of information and technology that will shape the world for centuries to come.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Solomons]

For one reason or another the elite who actually call the shots and are considered TPTB fear what is written in that "dusty Old Book" and they fear it enough that they want all religion eliminated before they can enslave mankind.

Religion is the only thing restraining them from enslaving you and taking away your freedom of speech to rant your wrong opinion. How ironic is that? Religion provides something that atheism cannot....Hope for the future! A purpose for existance, and reason for our creation. Without that kind of hope, then only pain, anarchy, and hoplessness reign in a dark and lost world. That is what has happened in every society that tried to eliminate religion. people still have a hard time learning from history.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join