It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with UFO's being military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If they are top secret craft why are they flying across major cities lit up like a christmas tree?
Secret craft is meant to be secret.
Not "Hey look at our new craft everyone, lets hover here for about 10 minutes so everyone can film us"

There are UFO's over moscow, washington and over major cities.

If we are to believe they are military craft why are they not being tested in the midde of the desert or something.?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

If we are to believe they are military craft why are they not being tested in the midde of the desert or something.?

They HAVE tested at least one of them in the Papoose Mountain range bordering A51 ... and managed to crash it !

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername
reply to post by Haydn_17

They HAVE tested at least one of them in the Papoose Mountain range bordering A51 ... and managed to crash it !

That pilot must of lost his job crashing a multi million dollar craft.

I agree with the OP. Why would military fly/ hover over populated areas in their black ops craft? Unless they are spying on people I can't think of another reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Maybe they fly over cities keeping in mind people wont think its them. Although, they know its darn confusing for civilians to tell the difference between real ufos and government 'ufos'.

Im sure they have a great laugh when reading the you-tube comments and having people argue over who the craft belongs to...

But, we all know the government got the knowledge and technology from ET's, if not, at least the concept. So, in fact, all ufos are just that, UFOS no matter whose occupying the craft.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
If they are top secret craft why are they flying across major cities lit up like a christmas tree?
Secret craft is meant to be secret.
Not "Hey look at our new craft everyone, lets hover here for about 10 minutes so everyone can film us"

There are UFO's over moscow, washington and over major cities.

In plain english, some are and some are not of earth origin.

edit: Needed to clarify my post.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The problem I have with UFO being military is this:

The first plane flight was about 110 years in the past , but I am fairly sure there are sightings of UFO's way before that . So what ? Secret projects ? Ok lets add another 50 years to that , that still leaves us with sightings of flying craft way before humans could even design aircraft in theory .

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Could be resolved by assuming those much earlier ufo's may have been extraterrestrial whereas modern day sightings could be a mixture of ET as well as human designed and built craft.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My personal thoughts on why the majority of ufo sightings are military are-

First, the beacon or strobe lights. Why would 'aliens' display these flight markers? Out of courtesy for our planes to let them know where they are so we don't fly into them? Or are these lights a universal safety code.

And second, the sightings over metro areas. Being that our governments are so compartmentalized, having all of our experimental craft in one place wouldn't happen besides being unsecure. What better way of testing these new crafts and keeping it secret than propaganda. If we're lead to believe they are extraterrestral the military's secret is safe. Also about the reasons why sightings aren't more in remote areas, think about it,'if a tree falls in a forest and there was nobody there, did it make a sound?'

I believe in extraterrestrials but do feel that the majority of sightings are man-made.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My beliefs that they are military or Black OPS are as follows:

1) If tested in a remote area only and discovered it would be easier to pinpoint the secret base.
2) If flown in a city, they would be more likely to be confused with conventional aircraft.
3) If flown in a city or heavily populated area, could be mistaken as Alien craft since most people wouldn’t believe that the military would fly their craft in populated areas.

Now you may ask about 50 to 100 years ago or longer people seeing things, well man has been toying with the idea of flight for a much longer time than the first recorded test flight. Just look at Leonardo da Vinci, he had in his collection drawings of a flying device that many believe that could have been able to fly, it was a hang glider type, the helicopter was a bit off but even if the hang glider was possible, it may even be possible that it or other variations were constructed throughout history. This is just a thought and no proof exists, but I believe it is a good possibility.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
When you look at what has happened in the past with military secret weapons there hasnt really been anything that amazing. Every 30 yrs or so the military reveal what they have been using an although some of it looks pretty hi-tech and space age i think anyone would be pretty hard pushed to mistake any of it for UFO's. Anyone who has ever been to an air display will agree that most of the time these aircraft are so noisey you are more likley to hear them before they get low enough to see them.

What sometimes happens in the USA is their airforce practice bombing runs on their own cities at night.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious OP??????

Why not fly over big cities....Helps stir up confusion about "aliens and UFO's" and is also a great disinformation ploy....

Its a known fact that the military likes the UFO story out there cause it helps with there secret projects....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Yes I agree that probably some of the sightings are military in origin , but I would wager a bet that most of the military crafts are flown by experienced pilots and those are the ones that we do not see .

We all know how secret the military can be if they want to , and I just cant logically understand why they would have so many mishaps .

We could assume that they broke down or had some type of emergency , but what % would that be ? Emergencies tend to be few in numbers . And again I would wager a bet that most of the yet untested crafts that could possibly brake down or have some type of problem , would be tested in super top secret out of sight places.

So that leaves us with the ones that were supposed to be seen and the ones that are of alien origin.

Again how many super secret crafts (assuming we are not talking about a secret global government but separate nations like USA, Russia, Japan) would a nation want to reveal to the public ? I would say not to many. So that would be another small % of the sightings.

So what about the rest ? Well the only other explanation would be alien in origin or a yet not identified critter in the upper atmosphere .

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

So what about the rest ? Well the only other explanation would be alien in origin or a yet not identified critter in the upper atmosphere .

Considering just how many strange forms of life we find on this planet i dont think this idea is investigated as much as it should be.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Testing advanced secret stuff explains some UFOs for sure . . . but all of them? What about the ones over Antarctica, South America, Australia? Nobody's running their most advanced stuff down there. What about UFOs that predate the aviation age?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are things to be said about every theory.

If the crafts where military then idneed they would not fly above mayor cities. The milittary would never want their top secret toys to be revealed to anyone since that info can be used by potential hostiles.
On the flip side, an alien race that want to explore earth and not be discovered by humans (which we should expect since they didn't land in our backyard with a reporter from the 6 o'clock news to report it) then they would also avoid mayor human cities and study from afar.

If an U.F.O. where to be spotted and it would be military or alien in origin it would most likely be in a remote area devoid normally of mayor human colonies.
Don't worry about alien invasion, they either. They would wipe us out using a virus, destroying the atmosphere or vessels of extreme size (expect them more like the classic Galactica goodguys vessels and less like the Independentday vessels)
Last time I looked up the sky wasn't filled with hundereds of citysized vessels. But it might be soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hi everybody,,,

what is odd,,,look at the ufo sightings in other countries,,,,especially South America,,,

I cant understand them taking the risk if one of ours (US goverment ufo space craft) accidently crashed in another country,,,
thats just to risky!!

loss of high tech secrets/spying accusations....

some say they like to throw disinfo out??
maybe??

there sure is a lot of very high tech anti-gravity military sightings to the point they must have 100's of them???

which im sure there must be more unknown ET craft than most of us think out there!!!

huggs all

new topics

top topics

join