It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here is a small list of the things that need changing in the government/society.

1) Ignorance must be put to a minimum. To do this we must increase the education standards and have much more strict rules for educational facilities. An increased funding for education would be needed.

2) Wages for political figures (Senators, Governors, other officials...) are too high and should be solidly cut in half. This would also free up some money for education and other programs.

3) The people should be well informed, with out a slanted angle from the media. Only facts should be shown on news programs, and printed in periodicals.

4) Too many mistakes are being made for the second/third time around. We need a board that is part of the government to make sure we do not compromise national security by making the same mistake more than once.

5) No one should be allowed the position of a public offical if they have commited a serious crime. We have too many criminals in our government already.

6) All public officials should be kept under close watch, to be sure they are not taking bribes or being offered money that interferes with legislation.

7) Public polls should be taken weekly and posted. This would create a better idea of what the people want.

8) Last but not least, FOLLOW THE MONROE DOCTRINE! We passed it as legislation once, and to my knowledge, it hasn't been repealed. Therefore we have been in violation of it for decades.

This is just a list of my opinions. Tell me what you think.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone care? Or do you like our government the way it is?

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think all of these are good changes to make to the government system. I have been really frusturated by the blind, ignorant american puplic that does what their parents did and will follow anyone. People in America need to form informed opinions.

XXXaos

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Joe, like what your saying in general but:

1) I agree educational systems must be improved but unless substantial social improvement is achieved the advanced education will be useless. Its not only ignorance that breeds problems but poverty to.

2) You could n`t be more right. The slimey little things are all greasing each others pockets.

3) Whats wrong with a biased media it only represents the cross sections of society. I think the responsibility for distributing of proper facts should really come from the government but they are damned if they do tell truth cos not everyone will believe it., if they don`t tell the truth its gonna be the same.

4) Second or third time?? surely you mean fiftieth or sixtieth? the idea of another board is ultimatley useless, its no good adding to the stucture of government thismakes more problems than it solves. The core structure of governement needs to take this on board rather than farming it out to more people who are n`t accountable to anyone but another comitee.

5&6) Yeah, no one whose commited serious offences should be allowed anywhere near a government building let alone office. Agree again but I`d keep people who have large business ties away from office as well.

7) Polls are taken through a relatively small amount of people and are quite open to manipulation and misrepresentation. The stress on civil admin of holding weekly polls that were of any measure of accuracy would add quite a few dollars to the over all tax bill.

To achieve any sort of proper land to live in the present system must be overturned and society must demonstrate a mass social responsibility that at present it does not.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
with the government salary thing, i disagree that it's too high, what is padding their pockets his the perks and gifts they get, they shouldn't get any more benefits then the normal working person

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"1) I agree educational systems must be improved but unless substantial social improvement is achieved the advanced education will be useless. Its not only ignorance that breeds problems but poverty to."-cassini

With higher standards, students will have to adjust, and work harder. I for one wouldn't enjoy this, but I'd do it just becuase it helps society. Higher education standards and bigger budgets in poverty stricken areas would increase the education, and with an education the people could have a chance at better jobs, and more money.

"4) Second or third time?? surely you mean fiftieth or sixtieth? the idea of another board is ultimatley useless, its no good adding to the stucture of government thismakes more problems than it solves. The core structure of governement needs to take this on board rather than farming it out to more people who are n`t accountable to anyone but another comitee."-cassini

I agree totally, sounds like a better solution.

"7) Polls are taken through a relatively small amount of people and are quite open to manipulation and misrepresentation. The stress on civil admin of holding weekly polls that were of any measure of accuracy would add quite a few dollars to the over all tax bill."-cassini

Public polls should be manditory. Once a week to see how everybody feels about certain issues, and to see what parts of the country are lacking education on the subject.

"with the government salary thing, i disagree that it's too high, what is padding their pockets his the perks and gifts they get, they shouldn't get any more benefits then the normal working person"-KKing123

I think their salaries are way to high. Do you know how much my parents make? A combined total of about 50k. The political figures make at least twice that much.

new topics

top topics

join