It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights above Newcastle, UK right now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hi

I am pretty much @ Newcastle City Centre right now. Looking West high in the sky is a stationary light.

It is red, white and green. I am aware there is an airport not too far away and am used to seeing planes, helicoptors etc.

However this looks to me to be far too high to be a helicopter and is definately not a plane because I been sitting looking at this thing for a half hour now and a plane would have been and gone.

I just pointed it out to my brother and without prompting stated "Thats too high to be a helicopter"

Anyone awake in the area to maybe grab a picture?

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Loonix]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Im in Workington on the west coast (about 30 mile from carlsile), is it really bright, lowish? and does it have a very faint star to the bottom right of it, about an inch or 2 away (from our perspective)?

I've just took this picture with my phone (nokia 6630) camera, its not great at night

files.abovetopsecret.com...

How on earth do you embed pics? i've tried < img src='xxxxxxxx'> (without the space between the < and img src, for some reason it deletes the < i !!!!

[edit on 19/7/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't see any stars around it tbh.

I took a few pics working on uploading them now.

The camera only picked it up on night mode with digital zoom. The slow shutter speed and lack of tripod makes for nothing more than a shaky light

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Loonix

I think were looking at the same thing judging by its position in the sky, you woudn't be able to see the other star i'm on about with all them lights around.

I think its just a bright star, i've seen it before, it seems to be brighter when lower on the horizon like that, kinda looks odd because its so bright.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It is still there although it has moved away from me in a North West direction. I can no longer see it with the naked eye but can just make it out thru the binoculors.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
in the middle pic you can see its triangular. Im in lichfield (middlands), ill have a quik peek to see if its came round here

Nope, i couldnt see it round the middlands. Does look like something in your pic though

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

I think thats just camera shake, if its what im looking at its just a single solid flickering light.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What caught my attention initially was the pulsating or flashing red, white and green lights which I caught out of the corner or my eye whist sitting on the sofa. None of the stars I can see tonight look as colourful

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
@ Trolloks

The triangulation in appearance on the middle picture is 1 million percent due to camera shake :p

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Loonix

It does look pretty, alas it is nothing more than radiation in space and atmospheric pollution interfering with the star light, thats how you can tell the difference between stars and planets generaly, planets are so close they dont change colour // twinkle.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
the second picture makes it look like a plane... plus the airport right below it... in regards to seeing green and red lights i know boats use green and red lights to tell if its going away or coming at you... for example like if the red light is on the right and green on the left its coming toward you and if the green is on the right and red on the left its going away.... regardless of whatever it is good spot

top topics

join