It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mysteries of Ramen Soup Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ramen soup is the food staple of all college students. For centuries this age old treasure has been handed down from generation to generation like a mystic recipe.

A gift of the gods given to mere mortals to nurture their souls spiritually. Thousands of years have passed since the birth of this unholy concoction and to this day its recipe remains unchanged. Ramen soup is crafted from only the most decadent of ingredients inspired by all the glory of mankind spiced with only the darkest machinations envisioned by those who dwell in a twisted universe where night is day and black is white.

Ramen soup has infiltrated every grocery store and stands as a testament to the perfection of man. For nothing created by man has endured such a legacy as Ramen soup. Prepared for consumption this soup is a symbol of an ominous foreboding that can be shared only by those who dare to indulge in this unholy union of food.

Ramen much like the seven deadly sins comes in a septuplet of earthly pleasures to indulge in such as shrimp, beef, oriental, teryaki, pork mushroom and seafood. I live life with a devil may care attitude so dont expect to find me without a bowl of ramen soup to nurture ever fiber of my being.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I love the stuff...

And like you stated, started in college..

Here is my favorite way to cook it..

Start the noodles boiling and set the flavor package aside.. (Any flavor will do, I like the pork)

In a medium bowl, place two tablespoons of butter or margarine, a good healthy handful of crackers, (Any kind), a half cup of grated cheese, (I like Sharp Cheddar) and one can of tuna..

When the noodles are done, 3 minutes for the rookies, drain well and pour them over the other ingredients.. Pour in the flavor pack and mix well...

Eat and enjoy..

It is the fast and easy way to Tuna Casserole...

While many may laugh, you really should try it.. It can also be changed to fit individual tastes or to include what you have on hand..

Instead of tuna, try chicken or shrimp or beef...
Use different types of cheese or no cheese at all..

Just make sure the noodles are drained well..

Semper

[edit on 7/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Great. Now I want some.

Here's how I make mine-

Bring water to a boil, and put noodles in the pan. Add the seasoning (stir so it doesn't foam) and I usually add a mix of the following: tabasco, soy sauce, sesame sauce, cinnamon, curry, chili pepper, and random other things depending on my mood. Let cook. then drain all the soup and eat with a plastic fork.

My boyfriend likes to put eggs in his, with hot pepper flakes, and random other things.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There's a PSP game called WTF... and no, not that wtf; in game, it means Work Time Fun.

Anyway, there's a prize you can get. It's a Ramen timer.

That right there should tell you just how important that delicacy is!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know some Americans & they'll occasionally get things like Ramen or fav microwave popcorn posted to them for a taste of home, so I'll confess I've tried it. I have to report however that the bar has been raised.
In the UK we have a substance called Pot Noodle, AKA Snot Poodle, which is the very sine qua non of the dark side. You don't even cook it! Just add boiling water, wait 2-3 minutes, stir & eat from the pot it comes in.
Much derided for its questionable nutritional content, nevertheless it sells well, proving that deep in our souls we know that Snot Poodle is to ambrosia what the computer is to the abacus.
Even this wonder can be improved upon however, with the addition of a teaspoon of Pataks curry paste in with the hot water. Take 3 slices of cheap white bread & butter (slices of cheese optional). Dollop noodles & sauce down the centre of the long axis of bread, fold, & hold & eat like a taco: truly a modern miracle.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My wife likes Chompagetti (sp?) but then again, she's korean.

Here's a way I developed:

two tbls butter, 2 cups water, noodle package.

boil water, add 1 table spoon of butter. add noodles. add seasoning.
stir until seasoning is well blended. boil until noodles are done.
seperate sauce from noodles. in flat pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter and cook
noodles on medium, until noodles are browned, turning over the noodles frequently.

Also - 1 can of white meat chicken, one cup of cup a noodles (from the cup), and one teaspoon of garlic salt. oh lordy. it's good too.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Strange town Ramen soup recipes:

Boil the noodles according to package directions, drain, add season packet, then bottled bbq sauce(best with chicken flavor, but any will do.)

Boil the noodles according to package directions, drain, add seasoning pack, Add shredded chedder, cover approximately 2 min, stir, eat YUUUUMMMMYYYYY. Also good with pepper jack mmmmmm

I've also put cheese and BBQ sauce recipes together just delightfull....mmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yup I started eating ramen in college and when I lived alone on my own. I use to make my own dishes with it though so it would last longer. I would add tuna or canned chicken and some veggies to it and I loved it. I still make the shrimp one with little baby canned shrimp (not that good I know but it comes out great) and garlic, butter and parm. cheese. I basically make shrimp scampi out of it and it costs a total of 5 bucks!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have a weird habit with ramen. I eat it raw, and kinda like a snack. But see, what happens, is that I take the noodle bricks, and break off little by little, and these bits are seasoned with the flavoring mix. Tastes pretty good imo and is a good break from the regular routine, and especially was when I was in college.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
is it anything like pot noodles?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Fix Ramen (Chicken) the normal way, leave a bit more water.
Just when it is finished cooking, throw in a pack of Lipton Cup A Soup (Chicken Noodle) along with the flavor pack, stir it, and after about a minute, it is darn yummy (for Ramen)....

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We love ramen noodles, we use them in alot of different ways, one of my favorites is to cook as directed, drain them add 3TBS butter then the seasoning pack, makes it really rich and creamy.

my wife also uses then in her meatloaf, she puts them in uncooked crunched up.
and for $0.18 a pack you can not get a cheaper tasty meal.

new topics

top topics

join