It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prepared + paranoid = preparanoid =)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hi ATS,
Prepared+Paranoid = preparanoid and that = ME! =)
I'm preparedness minded, former military, outside the box thinking, proudly homeschooling Mom.
In my neck of the woods (the Beautiful Ozarks, US of A) that makes me 'nutty'. I'm tickled to have found ATS. Here....it makes me... normal... How cool is that?? =)
I have a wonderful organic garden this year. My thinking... learn to grow your food before stores run out in an emergency. I'm really enjoying the Survival Forum. I also see kids today being taught things in the public school system that disturb me, so the education related topics and forums are wonderful reading for me. I also think the 'education' of most adults by the MSM is, well.... Not! I already am finding on ATS news stories, serious stories, that never see the light of mainstream news except for one or two small local stories that ATS readers have caught and posted here. Thanks to yall who catch those stories and post them here to help the rest of us be aware. I, for one, really appreciate the effort.
Ok,
At this point I've revealed more about myself than I ever do IRL. LOL! IRL people would be backing away slowly going, "Well, allllrighty then..." However, I'm thinking that here, at ATS, it'll be OK. =)
gb,
~pre
boy I hope this formatting works!

[edit on 7/18/09 by preparanoid] it didn't and now I'm having trouble removing the formatting by editing...

[edit on 7/18/09 by preparanoid]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Welcome to the madhouse.
We're all "crazy" here. Except the REALLY crazy ones. (They think they're normal:lol

I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
LOL.... If you want to see something really scary for your kids, Just turn on MTV and watch "DJ & The Fro" on Saturday afternoon!

You will be shocked.

Welcome to the madhouse (My 2nd news source). Enjoy some of my "like minded" survival posts!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-7-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

LOL!
I will admit there are a few things here that even make me go...Uuuuuuum! But if figure by this time next year who knows what my perspective on those same theories might be...
Anyone who thinks they are, or wants to be, normal, scares me! =)
Thanks for the welcome!
~pre

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

H!
RE: MTV, Pass! =)
Heck, even some of the stuff on PBS 'for kids' scares me!=) Besides, we'd have to turn on the TV and I'm pretty sure the layer of dust on it would create a short bad enough to crash the grid. Seriously though, the stuff out there is really mind boggling to me. Or maybe the fact that people watch that stuff is what absolutely astounds me, and makes me worry about the average person I walk by. I just can't grasp that so many are so, I don't want to use the word mindless, but shallow? maybe would be apt?
on ATS as a second news source. What's your first (if I may ask)?
Thanks for the welcome!
~pre

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Welcome
Nothing wrong with being prepared. Let's be honest are you really paranoid if the things you suspect are true?

Have fun.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
For "News of the day" I use drudgereport.com and another forum goldismoney.info

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Badgerprints,
Thanks for the welcome! And yeah, very valid point, or to quote one of my favorites "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you!" )
I like your quote, too. Never seen Strange Days. Looks like maybe I should watch it some time.
gb,
~pre

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm preparanoid as well...

Besides, the good thing about Paranoia is that you only have to right once...

That's also the problem with paranoia...

Welcome to ATS, glad to have you.

top topics

join