It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Apologizes to India for Global Warming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Story Here

The apology tour of the Obama administration continues. Obama's Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is running around the world apologizing for things the USA didn't do.

MUMBAI, India -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton opened a three-day visit to India on Saturday by urging India not to repeat American mistakes in contributing to global pollution, and she passionately defended U.S. demands for help in fighting terrorism.

"We acknowledge now with President Obama that we have made mistakes in the United States, and we along with other developed countries have contributed most significantly to the problem that we face with climate change," she said. "We are hoping a great country like India will not make the same mistakes."

She was referring to Obama's statement in Italy earlier this month that the U.S. had "sometimes fallen short" of its responsibilities in controlling its carbon emissions.

More info at the story.

:shk: :shk: :shk:

HEY HILLARY ... I know you yahoos love to go overseas and blame America for everything, but to blame us for climate change, which is a natural earth cycle and probably has more to do with sunspots then anything else, is rather moronic. To blame us, and apologize for us, when the sun is to blame and the earth itself is to blame .. well, that's pretty darn low of you. How much did Al Gore pay you to put that plug in your speech? Did he take some $$$ from his Carbon Credit scam that he's running and hand it off to you, or were you doing some kind of political favor for him???

I suppose that America is responsible for the entire solar system warming up?
Will you be out on another 'apology tour' soon, blaming us for that as well?

Live Science - Sun blamed for warming entire solar system
ATS thread discussion there

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I suppose that America is responsible for the entire solar system warming up?

Of course you are.. Didn't ye leave all that rubbish on the moon?

Surely its obvious to you that all the metallic objects that NASA left on the surface of the moon are reflecting light through the convex lenses on various pieces of equipment which in turn is intensifying the sunlight that is hitting the polar ice caps on mars and melting them..!!?

Its so obvious..

You lot should be sorry!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
She didn't blame the United States for climate change. She just said the United States and other developed countries had made mistakes which contributed to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well we all make mistakes, but out nature is to learn from it. It may take us a longer time and we may feel a bigger impact, but that is how we correct ourselves. Without a catastrophic event we will not learn from our ways.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
She didn't blame the United States for climate change. She just said the United States and other developed countries had made mistakes which contributed to it.

She said America, and other developed nations, contributed most significantly .

Considering that it's a NATURAL CYCLE and that SUNSPOTS cause it ... what she said was a lie. We have not 'contributed most significantly'. Heck ... if she wants to blame someone/something ... blame the sun for the sun spots and the Creator for making the Earth have natural temperature cycles.

Don't blame America. Don't apologize for something we didn't do.

But of course, that's the Obama administrations way of doing things.
Go overseas and blame us for everything. :shk:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But the United States and other developed countries, mine included haven't exactly helped have they? Its only now that we are starting to pull our finger out. Too little too late in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Doesn't it just give you the warm fuzzies knowing that the very people that are ashamed of this country and throw us down the stairs at every turn are the same people that represent us? How can they stand to live here let alone want to govern a people as disgusting as we apparently are?

Apology Tour 2009 (and we'll throw in 2010, 2011 and 2012 for good measure) is starting to wear a little thin with me. Actually, it's completely worn out.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't India one of the three largest polluters in the world? I think it's a little too late for her to ask them not to repeat the same "mistakes" we've supposedly made. I hope she carries around a lot of wet wipes for her nose.

Global warming.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

But the United States and other developed countries, mine included haven't exactly helped have they?

In reference to global warming - they haven't HURT anything.
You seem to think that people are causing global warming.
There is no evidence to support that.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

But all the pollutunts that we are putting in the air and pumping into the sea. Does that help? Serious question, not being sarcastic. Because i was under the impression that it probably doesn't do much good to the earth in general. Or am i just rather confused here?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here are some interesting facts for consideration.

Oct 18 2007

With 1,130,000,000 (1.13 billion) people, India is currently the world's second largest country.

India crossed the one billion mark in the year 2000, one year after the world's population crossed the six billion threshold.

Demographers expect India's population to surpass the population of China, currently the most populous country in the world, by 2030.

At that time, India is expected to have a population of more than 1.53 billion while China's population is forecast to be at its peak of 1.46 billion
geography.about.com...

Which leads us to the fact that India is......

the second most populous country in the world, the fourth largest total greenhouse gas (GHG) emitter
www.climate.org...

One aspect to bear in mind in regards to the debate of CO2 emissions is that a country such as India prefers to have the tracking of it's CO2 "footprint" in terms of the standard of PER-CAPITA emissions, and by that gauge....

India's per capita emission rate for 2006 of 0.37 metric tons of carbon is well below the global average (1.25) and the smallest per capita rate of any country with fossil-fuel CO2 emissions exceeding 40 million metric tons of carbon.
cdiac.ornl.gov...

Here is a interesting chart to consider...

Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Country, 1990 - 2030

In conclusion, can we ALL recognize the utter absurdity of our Secretary of State apologizing for the pollution of the United States to a country that will undoubtedly eclipse the amount of CO2 we have emitted as they(India) continue to develop into a industrialized nation!!!

It is an absolute OUTRAGE to witness the continued policy of "self-flagellation" this disgraceful administration incessantly heaps upon our country.

These clowns consistently cower like whipped dogs at the ankles of the international community.

It's almost as if they are courting our national demise.

Don't bother with any attempts to cast me as a Republican "shill" as is the predictable tactic by some within the forum of ATS.

I harbor no allegiance to those bums either....

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

But all the pollutunts that we are putting in the air and pumping into the sea. Does that help?

Different subject. Pollution isn't causing global warming.
Hillary apologized for global warming. She said we caused it.
That's just not true.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

Very good way to put things in perspective!..

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

India has made a lot more mistakes than the U.S. Do you know where all the plastic that makes the plastic island in the PACIFIC comes from mainly? I'll give you a hint, it is not mostly from the U.S...... It is mainly from DEVELOPING NATIONS...

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Let me actually show some of the things the people in India do..

These two satellite images show how aerosols can obscure the land and sea beneath, blocking incoming sunlight. On the top, aerosols over northeastern India and Bangladesh partially obscure the Ganges River and then are swept out over the Bay of Bengal. Notice how the high-altitude air over the Himalayas, near the top of the image, is clearer. On the bottom, smoke from dozens of fires (left side of image) in China swirls down along valleys and then out over Bo Hai Bay (upper right) on its way towards Korea and the Pacific Ocean.
Credits: Images courtesy of Jacques Descloitres, MODIS Land Rapid Response Team, NASA GSFC. Text from UCAR’s page on aerosols here.

From Ascribe Newswire

COLLEGE PARK, Md, March 12 — A University of Maryland-led team has compiled the first decades-long database of aerosol measurements over land, making possible new research into how air pollution changes affect climate change.

Pollution India and China

Why aren't all of these Indian people riding bicycles?...

World
Pollution, Indifference Taint India's Sacred River
by Julian Crandall Hollick

Weekend Edition Sunday, December 2, 2007 · The Indian city of Kanpur is an anomaly — an industrial city that lies on the banks of a river that is revered as a goddess.

Established in 1801 by the British to supply their army in India, Kanpur is the largest city in the state of Uttar Pradesh, and it sits on the higher, southern bank of the Ganges River.

But Kanpur's burgeoning industry pours pollution into the sacred river, making it dirty, unappetizing and synonymous with pollution in residents' eyes. Twenty years ago, the Indian government began a massive program to clean up the river, but for many, Kanpur is proof that those efforts failed.

In 1986, Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi announced a massive Ganga Action Plan to clean up the river. The basic idea made sense: Intercept and treat pollution before it is discharged into the Ganges. Politicians and engineers in Delhi designed sewage treatment plants, but they then expected states and cities to find the money to operate and maintain them.

Myriad problems — from inconsistent electricity to indifferent local authorities and residents — stunted the plan. Today, the Ganges at Kanpur is besieged by pollution, including toxic chromium, from local tanneries.

www.npr.org...

In here you can see a collage of pictures taken in Injdia that shows the garbage, and pollution that besieges the country.

Ind ia's Pollution and garbage problems

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
India, China, Russia, and other developing nations have stated that they WILL NOT ACCEPT any caps on their emissions, and these countries want to put the entire blame on the western world, and mainly on the U.S.

These same countris also want the U.S. to pay FOR THE POLLUTION THEY MADE....

It is time we stop the western blame fest, and mostly in the U.S. which even many Europeans love to participate in...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

except for the fact that developed nations do not contribute to global warming significantly. It's the undeveloped nations like China and India who are just getting on the oil bandwagon that do. We have already advanced to being able to clean up a lot.

Hence why the developing world has the worst pollution

Hence why the developing world has the least clean water

Hence why the developing would has the worst strain on resource demand

Hence why the developed world has so much better stuff, as we need to to be able to survive with their demands.

Hillary is wrong. Yet again.

EDIT

ah, I see the above has already made my point. Sorry.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I see her elbow healed up...how nice.

Seriously though, she's a freakin moron. Is there actually people out there that are expecting any different from this walking wet fart?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
TO THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD:

I apologize for my idiot government (The U.S.) and for the completely retarded and moronic actions undertaken by this bunch of retarded morons a LOT of the people here didn't vote in, and we cant get rid of (short of literally blowing them out of politics). We, the PEOPLE of the United States, would like to live in peace with the rest of the world. We don't want to take over your country, or take your riches, or act like rapists.

WE aren't the ones trashing the world. Corporations who have gotten immense power thru corruption and buying politicians have done this.

Please believe us when we, the PEOPLE of the U.S. are trying to get rid of the scum who have taken control of our country, our money, our very LIVES, and we want them gone as much as you do.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The most hilarious part of this story is that the people of India alone put out more annual CO2 than every American Vehicle combined. The same situation is also true with China.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
BTW the Kyoto Protocol, alongside similar protocols/treaties, are the BIGGEST PILE OF BARGAGE ever produced by the world at large.

Under the Kyoto protocol, and others similar to it mainly China, and India would be allowed not only to continue to pollute the environment and the world at large, but they would be given a green light to increase their emissions as much as they want, not to mention that as i stated Russia, and many other developing nations have stated that they WILL NOT accept any caps on their emissions.

11 Jun 2009: China Will Not Accept
Binding CO2 Targets at Copenhagen
China will not accept a cap on its carbon emissions at upcoming climate talks in Copenhagen, Chinese officials said. After several days of U.S.-China climate meetings in Beijing, Chinese officials said that placing a ceiling on its greenhouse gas emissions would stunt its economic growth. “China is still a developing country and the present task confronting China is to develop its economy and alleviate poverty,” a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman said. “Given that, it is natural for China to have some increase in its emissions, so it is not possible for China...

e360.yale.edu...

Russia says has no plans to cap carbon emissions
Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:40pm EDT

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia will not accept binding caps on its greenhouse gas emissions under a new climate regime, currently being negotiated to succeed the Kyoto Protocol after 2012, top officials said on Monday.

Kyoto puts a cap on the average, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 2008-12 for some 37 industrialized countries, including Russia.

www.reuters.com...

They have been stating this for years.

BTW, here is what the UN has to say about the pollution from developing nations...

UN does not expect emission caps from developing countries
Posted : Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:59:03 GMT
Author : Joydeep Gupta
Category : Environment
News Alerts by Email ( click here )
Environment News | Home

Bali (Indonesia), Dec 2 - The UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) that is organising a two-week global summit here from Monday does not expect developing countries to commit to legally binding caps on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.

www.earthtimes.org...

So who is it exactly that will pay for the problems which THE WHOLE WORLD CAUSED?... The U.S. mainly of course, but also other western nations, but who do most Europeans also blame for Climate Change and worldwide pollution?....

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join