It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden: "We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Joe Biden: "We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt"

www.cnsnews.com

) – Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well that's pleasant news now isn't it?

I find it equsitely interesting that he chose to use such harsh language in front of the AARP of all place...they say anything that reduces benefits to Social Security or Medicare is the "third rail of policis." Well, what does it matter if we're already face-flat down on said rail?

Grim business, people.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You know, I honestly don't know how they do it.

For the last year i've been spending all my money, and have maxxed out all my credit cards, and started business' out of debt, that will accumulate more debt.

And i'm still poor.

No seriously I haven't done that, i've been saving, but maybe I should.

I don't see how this health care plan is going to work, I need to read the bill I guess.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Good luck the bill is 1,018 pages

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I don't see how this health care plan is going to work, I need to read the bill I guess.

You do what the global elite want. They let the cash flow freely. If you don't do what they want, they screw up the economy like they did for bush, sr.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Heck, I got a lot of free time to read it at work

Could you please help a petty lazy person, and provide a link to the bill.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
How do people even accept something so asinine?

Firstly, the country is already financially bankrupt.
Secondly, subverting the constitution is a perfect example of the moral bankruptcy of America. (its leaders anyway, and those who fail to see the game they play.)

[edit on 7/17/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow... While I was reading this my facial muscles did a whole bunch of involuntary stuff that I don't normally let them do.

First it was like I was looking directly at the sun, then it was like something peed in my mouth, then my head and neck started trying to trick me into thinking that I have Parkinsons.

None of this was pretty and being that I'm semi vain I don't think I can listen to Joe Biden anymore.

Thanks for the brain melt down. Great thread, star and flag.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This comment if it was said by someone else besides Biden I would have taking it seriously... ever since he got selected for VP I ask myself why Obama would pick such an intellectual buffon for the position...well after seeing Obama nominating skills for his cabinet now it doesnt surprise me why.

I like Obama and I want him to succeed but jeeeeeez.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
when i read this, my first thought was: can you even imagine the mainstream media meltdown if sarah palin had said this? it is an asinine remark. it may have some plausible explanation deep in his brain, but to tell a bunch of AARP members who have learned by hard experience experience that this does not work, is insulting.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The government needs to spend money to stop itself from going bankrupt, good news well thought out, and wheres that money going to come from/
Thats right YOU , My Joe Public, they need to empty your pockets to make sure that theirs are full.
So keep paying your taxes and don't complain when you are bankrupt as you knew you were supporting your Government. when you lose your homes as you have no money to pay your bills take comfort knowing that your elected representatives are languisihing in the your sorrow in their luxury apartments with a fleet of cars outside, but feel happy in knowing that you helped prop up your countries flagging economy.

[edit on 17/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Did Biden just invoke the catch 22?

If we don't spend money we'll go bankrupt. But if we spend money we'll go EVEN MORE bankrupt (Despite what Biden says..) Hmmm..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

...hmmm...

Unless we increase our Federal Deficit by $1.5 TRILLION dollars, and implement a total of 10% income tax hike (AGI people..) we will go bankrupt?

Huh?

What?

Hey, how about we scrap the "healthcare" reform plan, cancel all these dumb#@$ offices Obama has created since inauguration, stop all the "bailout" BS, and cut back our spending of core programs.

THEN we might avoid bankruptcy..

Mr. Biden wants to scare you into forking over a huge chunk of your paycheck to fund the habits of the Government. I have news for Mr. Biden, you can only tax, push and infuriate your citizens for so long.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
when i read this, my first thought was: can you even imagine the mainstream media meltdown if sarah palin had said this? it is an asinine remark. it may have some plausible explanation deep in his brain, but to tell a bunch of AARP members who have learned by hard experience experience that this does not work, is insulting.

I think Sarah palin should endorse this...
Now I will tell you why it will grab media attention and than BOOM all over the news with I can't believe this is happening, she should start endorsing all of there policies and I bet the media would go hay wire.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

That's a great idea! now that she is resigning as governor and will have time to go everywhere, it would be fine strategy to simply repeat and support the demo agendy. i believe that's called cognitive dissonance. how long would media cope? it would be fantastic. i'll have to try to find an email address for her and suggest it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the only way to be smart is by being incredibly stupid

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In order for the economy to recover there has to be money circulating. The more money that is taken out of circulation (through savings or other means) the worse the recession will get.

It's simple economics.

When the Great Depression began in 1929 Herbert Hoover, the president at the time, told people to stop spending and save, cut back on government spending and eliminated some government programs, refused to aid the banks, etc. The result was less and less money circulating and a more and more crippled economy.

It took Roosevelt and his "big spending" New Deal to get us out of the depression.

It seems counterintuitive, but the solution is to put more money into circulation. Thus the enormous stimulus packages.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That is so true my friend, the sad state of our nations politics and the stupidity of our nations leaders is just beyond surprise anymore.

What a puppet government we have, and people still are out there blaming left and right, democrats and republicans, conservatives and liberals while thinking that the next candidate for their parties will be the next Saviour.

Incredible, with all that has be going on in this nation in the last 8 years and plus people still have party favorites and follow party lines.

Palin for president? yeah that sound fantastic some are already promoting the wannabe.

Sheep is what we all are to the power running our nation.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This statement could be correct but only if they are spending their money on something that will generate more then they spend. Pork projects probably won't do this and there was a lot of pork needed to get the stimulus through.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacob08

yes, this is a big problem. 85% of revenue to be generated by cap and trade has already been promised to groups to get that one passed. we're now in a situation where money is being confiscated from citizens and then passed from hand to hand of political cronies.

<<   2 >>

join