It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICRC: Israel Traps Gazans in Deprivation and Despair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

ICRC: Israel Traps Gazans in Deprivation and Despair

www.globalresearch.ca

Despite billions pledged for reconstruction, practically none of it has come because of Israel's tight embargo on virtually everything needed. As a result, thousands of displaced and destitute families live in cramped quarters with relatives or in tents as their only other alternative.

Some emergency repairs were carried out, but "only to the already unsatisfactory level prevailing before December 2008." Overall, the infrastructure is inadequate, overloaded, and subject to breakdown.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There have been many many pro-israeli army members here on ATS saying that palestinians need to go to Jordan, many members keep saying this.

Reaching Jordan is no easy task. It requires passing through Erez crossing into Israel and doing it is arduous. ICRC describes the process:

"Patients on life-support machines have to be removed from ambulances and placed on stretchers, then carried 60 - 80 metres through the crossing to ambulances waiting on the other side. Patients who can walk unassisted may face extensive questioning before they are allowed through the crossing for medical treatment - or, as sometimes happens, before they are refused entry into Israel and turned back."

However it seems that it's much easier said than done!

ICRC states:

"People in Gaza are trapped. Because Israel has shut the crossing points, Gazans have scant opportunity for contact with relatives abroad or for further education or professional training." Palestinian staff members of international organizations, including ICRC, are also impacted.

In June 2007, Israel stopped ICRC-supported visits of about 900 families and prevented spouses and children from staying close to their loved ones.

So do 1.5 million other Gazans - trapped in the world's largest open-air prison, under siege for over two years, getting way inadequate outside help, and none whatever from Western powers that support Israel's slow-motion genocide against a civilian population unable to stop it.

If I were in their position I would launch as many rockets as I could find.

What else would you expected from frustrated oppressed hungry people with no hope?

What else would you expect?

I'm sure we all realize how people trapped in a given area with no hope will begin to react.

What else would you expect?
I mean what else?

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It seems that commenting on this issue is taboo in America. To do so will attract pro Israelis on your case with accusations of being an antiSemite.

join