It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guru Dialogues XIII (The Tap and the Ocean)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Seeker – Throughout these discussions you have repeated many times that the whole point of realization is to come back to the natural state, which is one of love. This is a love that has no direction, is unconditional, simply IS all things and everywhere. It is me just as it is everything else that I am capable of experiencing. But I am still waiting to become this love. I sometimes feel spontaneous affection for strangers or for a tree, an insect or even a speck of dirt, and there is no thought involved in that affection. This is, I think, what you are talking about, but it comes and goes. When it is gone I can’t help wanting it to return.

Guru – As I have said, love does not come in or go out, it always is. It is your ego-mind that comes and goes. Love is like water. We can have it on tap, turn it on and off, keep it under our control and use it for certain purposes. In other words, we can make it conditional. But just like water has nothing to do with the pipes, faucets and taps that get it to our homes, so love has nothing to do with any conditions, motives or goals. If you want to see water in its natural state go outside when it is raining, or take a dip in the ocean. It is up to you, do you want love on tap, portioned out by your ego, or do you want to swim in the ocean itself?

Seeker – An ocean is pretty big. Won’t I be overwhelmed?

Guru – Is the water in an ocean overwhelmed by being the ocean? You are love yourself, so how can you be overwhelmed by simply being what you already are. You can only be overwhelmed by what you are if you are in a state of division. Being overwhelmed by what you are requires a separate perspective on your natural state. It is the separate perspective that is overwhelmed. This separate perspective is your ego-mind.

Seeker – This is heavy s**t.

Guru – This is a lightening up of your being. You are throwing off illusion.

Seeker – So what happens then when I finally get it. When I become love itself?

Guru – If you had realized it you would not need to ask. It is your mind that is asking the question.

Seeker – I think my mind needs to take a nap.

Guru – By all means.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am water

Good job

Jacob

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Keep it coming OP, I enjoy these threads.

I can't help but think "Bruce Lee."

Be water.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Adroc]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Water is often used to illustrate beingness, life or "what is" in zen, I believe. Reality moves as it does, and will find a way to reach its destination eventually, just like a small stream of water can carve a chasm out of granite.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Silenceisall]

new topics

top topics

join