It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 First Responders have you asked your doctor about yeast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
To make a long story short I have been steadily getting worse since 9/11.

At first it was a dry mouth with a swollen tongue and then it turned into weight gain that never stopped with a whole host of other problems.

The doctors I went to see called it an unknown COPD which really made me angry since a CPAP was the only treatment I was ever offered and my test results were always given to me by a bored doctor who always wanted to stick on some type of drug or another.

After years of getting worse I got to a point where I was just tired of living and wanted to get it over with since I thought there was no hope until by chance I started reading on what the yeast known as Candida Albicans and Systemic Candidiasis.

Basically when you are placed on antibiotics for a long enough time, you kill off the friendly flora (bacteria) in your stomach and gut.

Once enough of the good bacteria has been killed it allows a yeast that we all carry (candida) to grow and grow and grow.

Before long the Candida starts drilling holes through your stomachs lining (rhizoid) which cause food to leak out into your blood stream and before you know it you take a dirt nap and all the while your doctor is keeping his mouth shut.

If you worked on the pile and got sick, went to seek medical attention and was prescribed antibiotics you cant afford to not get checked out for this!

I have been making a stead recovery since I found out what was making me sick and although the COPD still plagues me getting this beast out of my body has made me feel much, much better.

If you were present anywhere near ground zero, hospitalized for a particularly nasty case of bronchitis that called for antibiotics and suffer from any of the following you need to get checked out!

Frequent stomach pains and digestion problems
Skin problems (skin infections, eczema, psoriasis, acne)
Foggy brain / Trouble concentrating
Constant tiredness and exhaustion
Anxiety
Mood swings
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Anger outbursts
Irritability
Headaches
Intense cravings for sugars, sweets, and breads
Itchy skin
Many are going to come here to tell you that everyone has Candida which is true but if you read up on it and seek proper treatment you will see how much better you will be feeling once you have it under control.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this info. Candida (yeast) infections, also called thrush, are a problem to people on long term antibiotics, or people who also have compromised immune systems, both of which are problems for people who worked at ground zero. it is good that you have brought this to light, as few people ever think about yeast infections, believing it's something only women get.

I am glad you have gotten treatment for it, it's very serious stuff if left untreated for a long time. I am sorry to hear about the COPD. My mom and grandmother died from it (smoking related) and I do not believe there is a cure, only treatment. The life expectancy from this illness varies. My mom lasted for 8 years after being diagnosed.

As far as treatment, if they try to put you on steroids like prednisone, look for other alternatives. prednisone is bad crap. It opens the airways, true, but it also screws up your heart, brain, and liver over a period of time, and makes you gain alot of weight, as well as go pretty mental. It's nasty stuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I am sorry to hear about the COPD. My mom lasted for 8 years after being diagnosed.

As far as treatment, if they try to put you on steroids like prednisone, look for other alternatives. prednisone is bad crap. It opens the airways, true, but it also screws up your heart, brain, and liver over a period of time, and makes you gain alot of weight, as well as go pretty mental. It's nasty stuff.

My grandfather was diagnosed in the late 60's. Didn't kill him until 1999. He smoked until the 80's, worked in an autobody shop, drove a bulldozer in his town landfill, installed asphalt roads for the town, and also installed asbestos as a young adult.

Oral steroids can be harmful over your lifetime. Use them sparingly. Inhaled steroids are far less worrisome and most doctors will but you on flovent profilactillay along with your emergency inhaler.

I hope your seeing a very good Pulmanologist to help you out.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Thanks for the post; I just hate to see more men die from these problems especially if there is something that could easily give them more time.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CameronFox

Yeah, the inhaled steroids are far better. My mom used to call fl0-vent the "cadillac of Steroids", but was only given them once because they were considered expensive luxuries, and she was on some sort of public health. I don't know if the price has dropped enough to make them more affordable for people. This was back in 2005, maybe now they have generics available. But p[rednisone is bad news. I had an aunt who was taking it for glaucoma for several years, and she went from pleasantly rounded to morbidly obese and misshapen. before she died, they had my mom on long term high dosage, and it was making her mental and demented.

COPD survival terms vary, like you said. My uncle was diagnosed back in 93, and he's still alive. I guess it depends on the person, the level of care they recieve, and lifestyle.

Samhouston, I hope you do get the message out to first responders and anyone with ground zero sickness, because thrush is very easily treated.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well that’s the thing, the ones I see all suck.

No answers, hell I have been fighting to get them to even do blood work or get me scoped.

I no longer reside in NYC and I have been through a few doctors who look at my charts and lose interest really fast, My apologies if my post on the other thread was overkill, its just that I am seeing the two extremes here, either shut up about 9/11 or Elvis with mini super nukes followed by a laser beam from space.

Something stinks but it does not mean that there is a dead body; just that someone unconnected should take a look at this without the minders. threats and mistakes that we saw with the first investigation.

America is still the best country in the world as far as i am concerned we are strong enough to take an honest look at this, please don't assume everyone who wants a new investigation is a weirdo (some are!).

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Best natural remedy for yeast problems is plain organic yoghurt. Best of luck

Oh I forgot to say, you DO eat it. For visible problems (such as rashes) you can apply the stuff topically as well.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted by samhouston1886

Well that’s the thing, the ones I see all suck.

No answers, hell I have been fighting to get them to even do blood work or get me scoped.

I no longer reside in NYC and I have been through a few doctors who look at my charts and lose interest really fast,

The totally corrupt US Medical Cartel has been treating the soldiers suffering from severe effects from DU (depleted uranium) radiation poisoning in Iraq, in the exact same way they have treated those suffering from the severe toxic environment at the WTC. They screw them and ignore them and they cover it up. They also treated the US Military and Vietnamese civilian victims of Agent Orange in Nam the same way.

4.8 million Vietnamese people were exposed to Agent Orange, resulting in 400,000 deaths and disabilities, and 500,000 children born with birth defects.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Deny deny deny. Tell them it is in their heads and go see a shrink. Deny them assistance hoping they die before any legislation finally gets passed. Several members of my family and friends had already died from Agent Orange, big men weighing under 100 pounds when their bodies finally gave up, when the US Government finally relented and started treating victims of Agent Orange after 1991; 18 years after the Nam war ended in 73. The US Government is still screwing over the Agent Orange Veterans, denying many medical care and making them jump through hoops for assistance.

The US Medical Cartel will not stand up against the US Government striving to discard the severely injured cannon fodder and other suffering people judged disposable by the corrupt US Government. This same corrupt government would not hesitate to murder 3000 more on 9-11. Human beings are just disposable property; limited only by the potential corporate profits.

It is not the individual nurses and many doctors which are the problem. It is the corrupt system. Apparently the government is afraid that if the toxic poisoned survivors from the WTC disaster are treated, bloodwork and laboratory processing and followup might reveal what really happened at the WTC to create so much biological damage to once healthy people.

Our government created a toxic hellhole over in Nam, and our government created a toxic hellhole over in Yugoslavia, and our government created a toxic hellhole over in Iraq, and our government created a toxic hellhole in New York City. It is what they do best.

VietNam's 3,000,000 surviving Agent Orange victims of the US Government chemical warfare campaign waged on their people and our own soldiers, are still fighting for treatment here in 2009, 36 years after the NamWar ended.

Viet Nam’s 3 million victims of Agent Orange victims filed suit against US chemical companies in 2004, accusing them of knowingly producing defoliants and herbicides that contained a high level of dioxin. However, the US Supreme Court refused to hear the case after the lower court and appeals court dismissed the lawsuit.

vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn...

We need a real investigation into 9-11 so we can hang the perpetrators and those helping to cover it up, and so the American people can force our corrupt Congress to pass legislation guaranteeing complete and long-term medical care and benefits for the victims of 9-11 in New York City.

No more shoving victims of our government's crimes against humanity into holes and letting them die out. The American people must end this nonsense.

[edit on 8/3/09 by SPreston]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Your right. I do have yeast.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Sorry its been a while..

Yes the acidophilus does help a lot, thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

Thanks, Its really just more of the same from TPTB, I hope that something will come of this

new topics

top topics

join