It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of jumbo squids beached

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Dozens of Jumbo Squid Beached After Quake--Coincidence?

More unusual animal suicides happening. I think the most unusual was when dolphins and whales beached themselves at the same time.

Squids, however, don't have any known bodily function that could explain this phenomenon. So this thread probably leaves a lot of questions, but that's what were good at! I wonder what would have possessed them to start beaching themselves? the article says that these incidences started occurring as early as 3 days before the quake.

speculation?

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Residents near a San Diego-area beach awoke to find dozens of jumbo squid, also called Humboldt squid, flapping helplessly on the shore Saturday—about an hour after an earthquake had struck off the California city at 7:34 a.m.

According to local news reports, some beachgoers in the city of La Jolla attempted to throw the squid back into the water to save them from circling seagulls.

The mysterious jumbo squid stranding and the earthquake, though, are probably linked only by coincidence, experts say (jumbo squid picture wallpaper).

For one thing, scientists began finding beached squid at least three days before the Saturday earthquake, said squid expert William Gilly of Stanford University's Hopkins Marine Station.

"So unless the squid were predicting the earthquake, I don't think there's any link," he added.

(See "Can Animals Sense Earthquakes?")

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Kevin_X2]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I saw this too yesterday and figured it would make a good thread.

I just cant stand it and after seeing this went to bed to be very very sad and deppressed about the precious Mother Ocean and what could be happening to bring the once never before seen deep sea creatures to the shores.

I cant wrap my head/heart around it, it is too sad and terrifying for all of us.

We came from the ocean and will return to the oceans and in between we have been very poor stewarts of our planet.

This is yet another very important clue as to what is happening on the ocean floors, to the melting of the polar icecaps, the volcanic and tectonic plates as well as sonar technology being used for the detriment of age old and harmful practices.

I will S@F the squid and other dying and misdirected sea brothers and sisters.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Increased magmatic activity could be the cause of this.
We will see more of these sort of beaching by animals that normally don't beach.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Troubling indeed! It seems unlikely that the earthquake had anything to do with it.

I wonder if the Navy has been using their high powered deep sonar in the vicinity.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is a troubling sign...
Something is definitely going on here...
And I could also say that we should not overlook military involvement...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Questioningall has a theory on this related to Earthquakes, it's interesting but not something I subscribe to

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There's already been past speculation as if related to their homing/magnetic abilites. Disorientation is a simple explanation, but the cause is still unknown.

We understand about how and EMP can disrupt our communications systems, it shouldn't be far fetched to think this is related to them as well, except in the oceans.

I would think they would have found some type of evidence through autopsies or experiments. We already know how sonar effects them.......don't we? There's also been suggested USO activity in these areas. For all we know, there's underwater battles going on.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by aleon1018]

new topics

top topics

join