It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Police Prepare For 2012. Back To Old School Type Writers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

When they're not chasing down bad guys, protecting us from terrorism, or otherwise maintaining order in the Big Apple, New York's finest often find themselves scrounging around for—of all things—replacement typewriter ribbons. Remember those? That's the scoop from the New York Post, which found out that the City of New York signed a three-year, $982,269 contract last year with Swintec, a New Jersey office equipment firm that specializes in … you guessed it: manual and electric typewriters. The city also plans on spending tens of thousands more in maintenance fees. Turns out the "bulk" of the contract (according to the Post) is intended for the NYPD, which—besides catching crooks, handing out parking tickets, and generally keeping the peace—is tasked with the not-insubstantial job of protecting New York from another terrorist attack.
tech.yahoo.com...

Do they know something we don't? Just asking....

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

I guess they think that all computers will crash.

There is more to this than we know and, frighteningly, the people who may actually know the truth are not telling the rest of us, which would probably result in panic.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I think computers will crash. Its scary to think that its right around 2012 too. There maybe scared of rebellion and revolt? Power lines would get shut down, it can get ugly.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Let's enjoy the next couple of years then!

I am not so sure about 2012 - remember all the hype about the millenium, when eveything was supposed to crash.

There are a lot of fearmongers around, probably to make money, eg the people telling everyone to get a flu shot, which, bythe way, please do NOT.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
thats pretty good to know

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I can't help but be reminded of the whole 'millennium bug' scare in 1999 in a way. But really interesting none the less, especially considering as the news comes from a well established news source. Very interesting indeed.

new topics

top topics

join