It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Military Robot Could Feed on Dead Bodies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Upcoming Military Robot Could Feed on Dead Bodies

www.foxnews.com

It could be a combination of 19th-century mechanics, 21st-century technology — and a 20th-century horror movie.

A Maryland company under contract to the Pentagon is working on a steam-powered robot that would fuel itself by gobbling up whatever organic material it can find — grass, wood, old furniture, even dead bodies.

Robotic Technology Inc.'s Energetically Autonomous Tactical Robot — that's right, "EATR" — "can find, ingest, and extract energy from biomass in the environment (and other organically-based energy sources), as well as use conventional and alternative fuels (s
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Vendric]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As a war Vet just wanted all to see this. Sorry if has been posted before. Just wanted all to see this as I said Im a Vet and to me useing bodies this way is out of line. What do you guys think about the U.S doing this?? To me its just not right. I have been there and seen the bodies on the the ground, but I cant see doing this....

Thanks all

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
UMMM....

GREAT WAY TO HELP MACHINES TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

Even if they weren't fast enough to catch us, they'd have to eat all the plants and trees to keep chasing us! Lose - Lose situation!

This can only end badly!

WTF!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
SkyNet called, it wants to buy a contract for 1 replicatiion unit and 2 maintenance units.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Although this in itself is a good idea, meaning an engine that can be fueled on anything that can be burned, I just don't see it coming to fulfillment. I don't think there will be enough energy in easily obtained bio mas to provide sufficient power for the engine over a period of time. I don't like saying this but I think it will end up being a way for the pentagon to waste a little bit of money.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There will be significant moral issues that will be protested strongly by pretty much everybody. But as long as somebody's Armani pockets are being lined with wheelbarrow loads of money it will be implemented and with a positive spin.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh my! a war bot which can consume bodies (anthing bioligcal) 2 fuel itself.
Thats really a sick thought, 2 be honest. But that's also what I think of war itself. SO I guess, its a great idea 2 implement these bots in the war field.
But I guess, would be difficult 2 fight the enemies while using these bots in the desert areas...not a handy tool 2 find Bin Laden..if he's alive

Still, the concept is unique, but morally wrong in my eyes. Another tool for destruction. Jippie-ka-jee!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Tanks to all you that made commants about this. I to feel as I said before that this is most unmoral, anything but the bodies Im ok with. Just dont fill even the bad guys need to be use in that way. Thank again ..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vendric

Hey I agree with ya, I would prefer that they leave the dead bodies to rest in peace. You know Ashes to Ashes-Dust to Dust, not Ashes to Ashes-In some Robot's Gut.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yep.
This is that thing that will get out of control.
If they give it a Tesla Death Ray gun it will eventually kill and eat us all.
The universe itself will power the gun until the robot kills and eats every single one of us.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
so what, it's okay to kill people for fuel but not to kill people and use their bodies for fuel. you people are messed up.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Just 2 make some extreme examples:

What if you joined the army and you are in an elite team with this droid.
Standing side by side. Walking or exploring in a rocky/desert type area searching for any signs of 'the enemie'.
Would the droid attack you once it runs out of fuel? because you are a 'possible 'biologial fuel for the droid.

What if your teammate got wounded and died on the field. The droid next 2 you is out of fuel and is in dire need for fuel. How would you cope with the fact that the droid would 'consume' your teammate's body to gain some fuel?

It's just insane. Truly...I rather hear that they created a droid like the housemaid droid from 'The Jeffersons'..I could use such driod..cleaning up the house, fixing dinner etc.. Nope..we are bringing out a droid which can consume bodies..idea of the year! o0

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Never said its okay to kill people for fuel. But I dont think we would consume people for fuel either...
Either way..killing for fuel or 'consuming' for fuel is just plain sadd and morally wrong..
But what can we common folks do about it?..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What a bizare concept.Can you imagine the pschological impact of such a thing on the enemy?A people eating robot,it scares me to know it even exists!

top topics

join