It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for anyone that knows (in the middle east)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Why, does the arifjan tactical bluecoat proxy designed to prohibit viewing of forums, blogs, etc, that even blocks certain things on websites such as CNN let people get to ATS? I would think, based upon the type of things it blocks, that ATS would be one of the top things that it would deny access to, however, ALL of ATS is geting through (even videos.....which are supposed to be blocked to limit bandwidth usage)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Nice question, wish I knew.

Maybe ATS succeeds in moving under the radar, being a conspiracy site and all. It is a forum that allows Islam to make its case as a culture that is not exactly as painted by mainstream media. The debate allows the discussion to move forward.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Proxy Shmoxy, if you want to get your message through, trust me, you will get it through.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think its something to do with the way the forum tags present it to google.

If i remember the reason were not supposed to talk about drugs or illegal activities is not (in theory) because the amigos are evil fascicts who want to control our free speech, but instead has something to do with ensuring ATS is able to bypass as many of these filtering software types as possible.

I think that was more aimed at getting past black lists at peoples work places, but I'm sure the principal works for the greater fire walls as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sorry guys, i should have been more specific...The question was more for military members. The server I speak of is on a military tactical network...its almost as if they choose to let it through

new topics

top topics

join