It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu: health experts 'surprised' by spread of virus in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
One of the world's most respected influenza scientists said today that health officials had been surprised by the spread of swine flu.

Dr Alan Hay, director of the London-based World Influenza Centre, said the extensive summer outbreak in Britain had not followed expected patterns and warned the Department of Health needed to be prepared for a more deadly form of the disease.

"We don't really know the way this virus might change as it adapts to the human population and what the consequences of such changes might be."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A small Island nation with an excess population problem, no wonder the virus has spread so rapidly.

Notice Swine Flu is becoming more lethal in the United Kingdom. Deaths are tragically occurring quite rapidly.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
One of the world's most respected influenza scientists said today that health officials had been surprised by the spread of swine flu.

Dr Alan Hay, director of the London-based World Influenza Centre, said the extensive summer outbreak in Britain had not followed expected patterns and warned the Department of Health needed to be prepared for a more deadly form of the disease.

"We don't really know the way this virus might change as it adapts to the human population and what the consequences of such changes might be."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Dont you think you are needing to give yourself a break from fear mongering yourself and others on this site?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your spreading dinisnfo like wildfire here even if you are unaware of it.

No offence intended towards you but if you are frantically searching for media propoganda like this on swine flu its not good for your health in my opinion.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I check the headlines every morning, got a problem with that? Some people like to be informed about things like this. There is no fear in keeping updated.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Forget what I said, your obviously taking this as an insult which is not my point.

Your awfully biased toward swine flu is all I am trying to get across.

Read all the articles and you will see the lies rather than copying and pasting articles with no critical viewpoint whatsover.

If we all did this, the site would be the BBC.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So the so called 'experts' were surprised by the spread but most of us lay folks were not surprised, and we even predicted it. :shk: All our leaders are inept. God help us.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join