It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu virus related to 1918 pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Swine flu penetrates deeper into the lungs and can inflict more damage than ordinary seasonal flu, scientists have found.

The discovery could explain why the virus is able to cause severe illness in people with no underlying health problems.
Experts also believe swine flu is closely related to strains responsible for the 1918 pandemic which killed up to 40 million people worldwide.

Evidence suggests that people born after 1920 have little natural resistance to the virus Click to read more

Pretty scary stuff indeed, or is that what they want us to think.

Either way I live in Leeds UK just up the road from me is a place named Holbeck. I have a few friends living in Holbeck and I'm getting told by more than one person (Including people with symptoms) that Swine Flu H1N1 is spreading around Holbeck and that at least 10-20 people are infected. Some are very close friends to mine, none of this has been reported in the media yet. I will be keeping an eye on that and will update everyone on the news.

Many Thanks

NotAgain

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've got swine flu right now.

About 6 weeks ago I had some sort of mild flu because it is winter here in New Zealand. And I was just getting over it, then a friend and I got swine flu.

The swine flu was bad for about 3 days.
The feeling of knives in my hips.
Couldn't even sit in my computer chair.
Flem and coughing.
Sharp pain attacks in my lungs.

But it was all a novelty for me because
I've never been that sick in about 30 years.
I was almost better from it about 6 days ago
and I thought "well that's it, and not so bad".

But 4 days ago it came back in full force!
And that was a shock.
I've never even heard of anything like that before.
(A flu hitting a person for a second time in 14 days)

My advice if you get the flu...
Sleep, keep warm, drink hot water,
and try to eat mixed healthy food.
(Soft boiled eggs, marmite on whole grain toast, fruit, etc)

Edit:
I must mention...
The first time I got this swine flu
I didn't take any medicine at all.
I wanted the body to fight it.
But this second time I am
taking Difflam Lozenges
that kill the germs in my throat.
And they work good!

[edit on 13/7/09 by Project MotherShip]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Project MotherShip

Thanks for the advice hope you are on the mend pal.

Well the media isn't reporting on any of the cases in Leeds UK, there are 5 cases just a few streets away from me. This thing is spreading fast, although I believe this is only a mild strain of H1N1.

I don't for one second believe the media is having a blackout, I simply believe they don't have the manpower to report every case.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project MotherShip
But this second time I am taking Difflam Lozenges that kill the germs in my throat.

I have never heard of a lozenge that kills germs.
I have only heard of them releaving symptoms.
I just googled these lozenges. (never heard of them)
They say they have anti-bacterial elements in them.
REALLY?? I'm wondering how they can do that???

I'm going to ask the pharmacy here about them.
I'm wondering about the anti-bacterial claim.
If it is true .... GREAT!!
I don't know if they are sold up here in the USA.
I saw them for sale on the internet.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
reply to post by Project MotherShip

Thanks for the advice hope you are on the mend pal.

Well the media isn't reporting on any of the cases in Leeds UK, there are 5 cases just a few streets away from me. This thing is spreading fast, although I believe this is only a mild strain of H1N1.

I don't for one second believe the media is having a blackout, I simply believe they don't have the manpower to report every case.

Media isn't reporting all confirmed cases in East Anglia either.

My friend's daughter's school has 12 confirmed cases, including 2 teachers. Another friend of a friend's daughter has been confined to her bedroom, by her GP, with flu symptoms. Whilst we were visiting, people everywhere we went were coughing but it was all treat as a big joke - even on the plane home.

Everyone I spoke to seemed to treats it as if it's a joke and none were in the slightest bit concerned. The problem now is no-one knows if it's serious or not because the media over hype at the beginning seems to have given the majority of ppl the impression that it really isn't anything to worry about at all. Hopefully it isn't!

Mind you, they all said they're glad there's a vaccine and all will be having it as soon as possible. That's another reason why they're not concerned - they know they can have a vaccine and are under the impression that will make everything ok.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
My sister has got symptoms of swine flu, she just phoned our local GP and they are sending out a prescription of Tamiflu, the strange thing is they will not deliver it to our address, they said they can deliver it to our neighbour. So looks like they don't even want to make contact with anyone who has symptoms of swine flu. My sister also as asthma, at the moment in her own words she said "I feel like death warmed up"

What a tough week this has been, only last Wed my grandmother passed away due to heart and kidney failure "Or that's what they told us" All I know is she had difficulty breathing. and our family is only just getting to grips with the shock of that. Now this

I will keep everyone updated, hope my big sis recovers OK.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Okay .. I'm back. I'm looking up info on those Difflam Lozenges ...

They claim to have anti-bacterial properties but on the list of active ingredients there is only Benzydamine HCL. Info on Benzydamine HCL is here . It's just a NSAID. Anti-Inflammatory. Used for cancer patients a lot.

There doesnt' seem to be any active ingredient for being anti-bacterial as the ads say.

Also, I was reading a few chat rooms and it seems that these lozenges are being abused in South America and are being used as hallucinagin drugs much like '___' is used. I read a few 'trips' that were discussed on line. I won't link to them because there is a lot of 'touchiness' about discussion of illegal drugs here (understandable).

The lozenges have been pulled off the market in many places because of the potential for abuse and people 'tripping' on them. And I can't find how they can claim to be 'anti-bacterial' when the only active ingredient is a NSAID and not something that kills bacteria.

These lozenges can still be bought on line.

Hey .. if they work for ya'll that's great. From your post I thought perhaps I had stumbled upon something that might be helpful for me in the future. But after reading the reports of 'trips' ... I'm a bit nervous to try them. Anyways .. if they work for you all ...

[edit on 7/14/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The decision to start vaccinating people against swine flu — which so far remains a mild virus in most people — will ultimately be a gamble, since there will be limited data on any vaccine. Until millions of people start receiving the shots, experts will not know about rare and potentially dangerous side effects."

Several drugmakers are currently considering using adjuvants, ingredients used to stretch a vaccine's active ingredient, which could allow for many more vaccine doses. But little or no data exists on the safety of vaccines with adjuvants in populations including children and pregnant women."

Experts unearth history of pandemic flu viruses.
www.alertnet.org...

Flu viruses that sparked the three worst pandemics in the last century circulated in their near-complete forms for years before the catastrophes occurred, researchers in Hong Kong and the United States have found.

The H1N1 virus that sparked the Spanish flu of 1918-1919 circulated in swine and humans well before the pandemic started, and it did not come directly from birds as previously thought, they added. Instead, it was probably generated by genetic exchanges between flu viruses from swine and humans."

WHO warns of worldwide vaccine shortfall for coming flu season
www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Okay .. I'm back. I'm looking up info on those Lozenges ...

Hi, sorry I wasn't really promoting those lozenges.
They sell them in all chemists here in New Zealand.
And they do kill the germs breeding in my throat.

But I actually support more natural health products.
And I studied about the cancer cure inventors
that were killed, and all mentioned at Project Camelot.
"Dr. Royal Rife"

eg.
www.rense.com...

www.mnwelldir.org...

And that link is on-topic with Swine Flu.
Because he could cure or stop most all viruses.

And guess who wants you to stop learning about all that excellent information ...

Jay Rockefeller: "Internet should have never existed".
(YouTube)

He is the type of person that can buy anything, any company, any newspaper company, any TV station, and probably the type of person that could do this ..............

"Until recently, mankind lived a satisfying control of its decisions. But it is losing more and more the control of its own fate because of the growing use of advanced technologies, which lethal consequences on the earthly and human ecosystems become irreversible."

That Jay Rockefeller won't just retire with all his bankers and pharmaceutical made money.
He has to keep going on and on with his control-freak attitude
until the age of 95!!!

It's only the internet that exposes the truth.
And the truth will set us free.

new topics

top topics

join