It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Revamping Stimulus Website For $18 Million Dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Here's an ABC News video that recently caught my attention. Their main focus was how the government is wasting taxpayers' money on road signs promoting stimulus projects -- up to $3,000 per sign. But the thing that really piqued my interest comes at the very end where Jonathan Karl says the government is spending $18 million to revamp the stimulus website, Recovery.gov

From article: Hire Me To Revamp The Stimulus Website!

Signs are going up to remind people the stimulus money is hard at work, but the stimulus just aint working.
Talk about the audacity of tooting your own horn.

Now, BO also want's to revamp the stimulus website for a hefty fee.
There are some deep pockets in Washington.
It sure would be interesting to know just who is running that website and I sure hope it's not being outsourced.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I was travelling from NW Ohio to Columbus and back yesterday, passed a total of 6 of those signs and not a darn person out working.

First thing I thought of was, wonder how much those signs cost?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How do you know it is not working. How do you know a 20% unemployment rate hasn't been prevented?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed here in texas, their fixing the roads, I about p&&& myself, I was so happy, now I won't feel like im going to fall into the center of the earth everytime I drive!

We have no signs though, why because we don't need to boast, we are a humble people (lol well not really)

About 1,700 can do amazing things, get a homeless man on his feet, feed a family for a few months, buy a plane ticket for a dying mans family to afford to see him.

But I do agree, we need to let people know in plain sight, that we spent 2,000 dollars on a sign telling them construction is being done.

Why not just get the kindergartners to make a sign, they'd enjoy it! and it'd be around 3 bucks a sign!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
HOW DO YOU REVAMP A WEBSITE FOR 18 MILLION DOLLARS?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet you the website has less than 500 pages, so this is overshooting it...

At 500 pages, THAT'S $36,000 A PAGE!!!!

Who has that contract, because we need to find out who they are funneling money to!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well, because there is already talk of a second stimulus package.
Also, because Obama predicted unemployment would not go beyond 10%, we are currently at 9.4 and climbing.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I was travelling from NW Ohio to Columbus and back yesterday, passed a total of 6 of those signs and not a darn person out working.

First thing I thought of was, wonder how much those signs cost?

Well if you live in Ohio you should know that Ohioans just like the decorations. Something about that bright green, orange and the sight of barrels in the morning... ah .. gets the blood flowing, ya know?

Seriously when Ohio issued it's ideas for it's state Quarter, the orange barrel was on of the ideas.

Having grown up off the I-70/I-75 corridor, I have lived under perpetual construction since I can remember.

I think I can count on my hands how many times i've actually seen someone working.

And my FAVORITE.. is when they close lanes and detour traffic and have a guy holding a sign that says "slow" and you drive past and the machines are off, on the side of the road, and 5 men are sitting on the curb talking, drinking coffee, laughing. Or it's even better when the only guys even there are the sign holders...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Maybe instead of wasting all that money on signs and revamping a website, they should spend it on showing people how to read.

Lord knows in my neck of the woods where they are working on the roads people don't seem to comprehend the words stop, yield, or slow down.

new topics

top topics

join