It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nervous' China may attack India by 2012, claims defence expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

'Nervous' China may attack India by 2012, claims defence expert

news.in.msn.com

New Delhi: A leading defence expert has projected that China will attack India by 2012 to divert the attention of its own people from "unprecedented" internal dissent, growing unemployment and financial problems that are threatening the hold of Communists in that country. "China will launch an attack on India before 2012
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hi all, I searched for this and couldnt find any posts, so rather than it slipping away, thought it was worthy of a mention.

Its very easy to become obsessed with the conflicts that are brewing between Iran/Israel and N.Korea/S.Korea etc, but many of us forget the underlying possibilty of a confrontation between China and India.

They have warred before in 1962 over border disputes and with both Nuclear armed countries advancing their military technologies, im sure each one of them are unsure of each other more than ever.

I am by no means an expert on this, but i feel it warrants discussion, maybe those of you with more knowledge of these two can contribute some facts about this.

cheers, G.

news.in.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
China claims that the Indian states of Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim in the North East and some areas of Kashmir bordering Xinjiang belong to China. China refuses to accept these states as an integral part of India.

The war in 1962 is now history and both countries now have a strong nuclear weapons program, a strong space program and a very strong missile program.

China has missles that can reach any part of India and India also has missiles that can reach any part of China, including Beijing and Shanghai

Thus I dont think China will attack India in 2012, unless you want to attach some special meaning to the year 2012

There is a lot of trade that happens between India and China and they bid jointly for international oil projects. A lot of Indian software companies have set up offices in China, so there is no anti-China sentiment in India or anti-Indian sentiment in China

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I bet Pakistan would be licking their chops to see that war.I think the Chinese would over run the Indians.The Indians,knowing this,would almost have to use nukes to stop them.And China would respond,etc.Seems like a big price to pay for taking their peoples minds off their troubles.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
To me - this really depends on what benefit it might be to those in control of those countries. Who might benefit - and are they as psycho as the western controllers, and/or is either India or China under direct of indirect control of the western scum.

I think India and China are both fairly independent of the western controllers - however, India is probably an easy target for those guys - as English is the national language (no longer Persian).

Anything is possible - so long as you have a bunch of greedy psycho scum at the worlds helm.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I would say an Indian/Pakistani war is more likely!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Highly unlikely.

No reason why the two significant nations in BRIC would destroy economic co-operation. Just idiotic suggests.

More chance of China using military action against North Korea.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't mean to offend anyone but this report is the most rubbish I've read. No doubt China is becoming the final superpower (even prophet Muhammad implied so in Quran). Western elites and allies felt threatened.

I foresee a new world currency (centralized in Germany/Israel) will be introduced within 5 years, much to the delight of China. However, western powers will devalue Chinese Yuan which triggers a war from China.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Looks like military guys in India want new cars and bungalows on the beaches.

How do I know ??
Spread FUD, get more military budget, spend it "for the country", enjoy ....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its an interesting theory, but I find it to be so unlikely. Its not as if China is ignorant of the possible consequences of a war with India. You're talking about two of the biggest and most powerful militaries in the world going at it. When you factor in nuclear weapons, all of a sudden, two potential superpowers at war spells doom for the entire world. It just does not make sense from any standpoint whatsoever.

I personally find an invasion of North Korea by China more likely.

new topics

top topics

join