It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Call for Probe Over Canceled CIA Program Never Reviewed by Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Democrats Call for Probe Over Canceled CIA Program Never Reviewed by Congress

www.foxnews.com

Some Democratic senators are calling for an investigation after learning Congress wasn't briefed about an covert CIA counterterrorism program allegedly ordered to be kept secret by former Vice President Dick Cheney.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I found this article today and thought it to be very interesting.

Do I believe that a funded CIA program went unused for 8 years? Mmmm. I have to agree that a probe is definitely needed to find out what the heck was going on here. This isn't just about money, but possible political assassinations (or failed attempts) that went unmonitored.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow no replies? Perhaps that just shows you how cynical people are about this. As much as we would like Cheney to get his ass burned over this, we know that it's not even going as far as prosecution.

Controversial move

Eric Holder, the US attorney general is reported to be considering assigning a prosecutor to investigate interrogation techniques used on terrorism suspects by the government of George Bush, the former US president.

Such an appointment could lead to a criminal inquiry into the treatment of prisoners by the CIA following the 2001 attacks in New York.

The move is seen as being controversial as Barack Obama, the US president, had previously said he wanted to leave the issue "in the past".

An official from the US justice department said Holder planned to "follow the fact and the law".

Holder's decision is expected to be made in the next few weeks.

So when Cheney breaks the law, and a major law, not just like, dropping some litter. The US attorney general considers taking action. And Obama would just prefer everyone ignored the matter entirely.

Obamas attitude of shrugging the whole deal of says plenty about him. More than I can explain here coherently.

join