It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Of Infinity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A lot of people say that there's no such thing as infinity. They can't think of anything that can in fact be infinite.

They say that the universe would have to be limited at some point, etc. It can't be proven yet that the universe is infinite, so therefore no case there.

Some people say that love is infinite, but then the counter part to that is that there must be an equal amount of hate, so why would that be?

(In an infinite amount of love, there wouldn't be any negativity or hatred.)

However, I can think of one thing that's infinite and would never end. This can be proven because NO ONE has proved it false.

What's infinite? THOUGHTS.

No one can run out of thoughts. Thoughts are not limited. At any given point in your life, you are thinking of something.

Even when you have blacked out, your mind is still working and thinking of thoughts.

Even if you are in a coma, your mind still allows you to have dreams, life-death experiences, etc.

Even when you are dead, you still exist in consciousness because thoughts are not limited to your physical body. Thoughts could be our very soul that connects us all together to the universal creator.

Thoughts are infinite, and there's the proof for Infinity.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Buddy YOU are infinite , because you are energy. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. And your Soul will be forever. Even though you will or may lose your ego through transitions. you have always existed and you will always exist. Enjoy your experience here. It only comes once!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

What's infinite? THOUGHTS.

No one can run out of thoughts. Thoughts are not limited. At any given point in your life, you are thinking of something.

Until the moment that you die ... and then your thoughts definitely become finite ... as in ZERO

But if you want a simple example of infinity ... think of any number ... make it as large as you want ... then add 1 to it.
I guarantee you'll never run out of numbers ... that's INFINITY for you !

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that the Universe will continue on forever (I'm not convinced that it won't, either), so theoretically everything may have an end. You can say that numbers have no end, but I guarantee you if you start counting and the Universe ends, you won't be counting anymore. Same with thoughts. The number of thoughts you can have in the span of the lifetime of the Universe is finite. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rachel Meyers

I guarantee you if you start counting and the Universe ends, you won't be counting anymore

I'm not convinced that the reality of numbers or mathematics is dependent on whether the universe exists or not !

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
infinity is a great topic for meditation. personally, i find it easier to grasp the enormity of the infinite with a calm mind/body.

new topics

top topics

join