It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Too few officials knew of surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Source: news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – Not enough relevant officials were aware of the size and depth of an unprecedented surveillance program started under President George W. Bush, let alone signed off on it, a team of federal inspectors general found.

The Bush White House pulled in a great quantity of information far beyond the warrantless wiretapping previously acknowledged, the IGs reported. They questioned the legal basis for the effort but shielded almost all details on grounds they're still too secret to reveal.

I wish I had some well thought out discussion of this to offer.

Really, I just want to ask... What do we make of this?

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It means you can post here and they traced your IP to your ISP where you ISP gave them your name. Once they had that they had your address... and then they checked to see who else you lived with.

After that they got your cell phone and home phone numbers from the Telephone Companies...

That put you on the watch list where they now listen to your phone calls.

Dont bother hiding they know who you are and what you are doing.

remember Big Brother is not your friend.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It means the patriot act, helped bring in mind control surveilence for anyone they want to target and as many targets as they want.

You may hear it takes a super computer to monitor one persons thoughts, no. The american and uk government are doing it to plenty of people at the same time.

They can take anyones life, and go back through there whole lifes memories, and take every moment of there life, even if you do not remember it yourself.

No one knows how much the usa people are being perved into, do you notice how they miraculously stop all attacks on america, even though you have 300 million people. How do they know what everyone is doing?

Have you asked yourself, how do they seem to always know. Alos the 911 thing they just let it happen, they did know in advance.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ekudram
It means you can post here and they traced your IP to your ISP where you ISP gave them your name. Once they had that they had your address... and then they checked to see who else you lived with.

After that they got your cell phone and home phone numbers from the Telephone Companies...

That put you on the watch list where they now listen to your phone calls.

Dont bother hiding they know who you are and what you are doing.

remember Big Brother is not your friend.

Oh, I'm sure they have quite a file on me. But, meh. Let them watch me. Maybe they'll be too busy to watch you. [smile]

I'm here to be noticed.

So more power to them that watch ME. I will fight for your right to privacy, however, and do what I can to peacefully undermine all that they are.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
It means the patriot act, helped bring in mind control surveilence for anyone they want to target and as many targets as they want.

You may hear it takes a super computer to monitor one persons thoughts, no. The american and uk government are doing it to plenty of people at the same time.

They can take anyones life, and go back through there whole lifes memories, and take every moment of there life, even if you do not remember it yourself.

No one knows how much the usa people are being perved into, do you notice how they miraculously stop all attacks on america, even though you have 300 million people. How do they know what everyone is doing?

Have you asked yourself, how do they seem to always know. Alos the 911 thing they just let it happen, they did know in advance.

Overall I agree. but given that they orchestrated 9/11... That ability to "stop all attacks on america" just means that they haven't needed another false flag event - yet.

They have had surprises, though. They failed to understand what the flow of information in the interweb would mean to their ability to control what we know and believe. Thus Rockefeller's comment thet the interweb is the most "serious threat" they face today.

But they surely do know all about those of us who think. But between the interweb and thinking...we have them on the run.

top topics

join