It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: More sex may help sperm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well Doc, if you insist!

For men with fertility problems, some doctors are prescribing a very conventional way to have a baby: more sex.

Experts think sex helps reduce the DNA damage in sperm by getting it out of the body quickly; if sperm is in the body for too long, it has a higher chance of getting damaged.

Some experts said that while Greening’s research is promising, it doesn’t prove that daily sex for men with fertility problems will actually produce more babies.

Dr. David Greening of Sydney IVF, a private fertility clinic in Australia, and colleagues looked at 118 men who had damaged sperm. Greening and colleagues told the men to have sex every day for a week. After seven days, the doctors found that in 81 percent of the men, there was a 12 percent decrease in the amount of damaged sperm.

Since concluding the study, Greening says he now instructs all couples seeking fertility advice to start by having more sex. “Some of the older men look a little concerned,” he said. “But the younger ones seem quite happy about it.”
www.chron.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
... Thank you for that, .... I'm going to casualy bring up this article in innapropirate situations.... such as standing in line behind a hot girl at the grocery store. ... I'll be the bell of the ball !!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

... Thank you for that, .... I'm going to casualy bring up this article in innapropirate situations.... such as standing in line behind a hot girl at the grocery store. ... I'll be the bell of the ball !!!

Hey, I'm here to help anybody and everybody that I can!

Can't say I didn't try!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Uh, I thought that for a long time it was common knowledge that masturbation can prevent prostate cancer as well as help your sperm? Wouldn't it make sense sex would do the same too?
"Scientists" get paid for "calculating" this sort of bull#?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

You can hire a group of scientist to produce "evidence" that the sky is actually a shade of green if you really want too.

Thanks for the info OP I'll be sure to spread the word.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Wow thanks for the info. I think I will take a bit of time and do my part to improve my sperm count. At least you cant say I have sherked my personal responsiblity. Time to drop my candy in the theater.

new topics

top topics

join