It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: FAA Official Destroyed 9-11 Flight Controller's Tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Immediately after the two planes flew into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, six air traffic controllers of the New York area were asked by their manager to make a tape describing the entire event from their point of view. These controllers were those that had actually spoken with the hijacked planes. The manger's expectation was that officials who were investigating the incident could later use this tape, but no one else ever heard what was recorded on this tape. Sometime near the end of 2001, an unidentified Federal Aviation Administration quality assurance manager destroyed the tape and cut it up into pieces. The FAA manager actions are questionable since the FAA sent out a directive 3 days after 9/11 to retain all evidence of the incident.

boston.com
WASHINGTON -- Air traffic controllers who handled two of the hijacked flights on Sept. 11, 2001, recorded their experiences shortly after the planes crashed into the World Trade Center but a supervisor destroyed the tape, government investigators said Thursday.

The report said the controllers who made the tape had either talked to the hijacked planes that crashed into the World Trade Center or were working radar positions that intersected with the jetliners' flight paths.

The details of this tape's existence only came up in interviews with the flight controllers in the 9-11 Commission. FAA spokesman Greg Martin claims that the quality manager was disciplined, and that he believes that the contents of the tape would not have added anything to the investigation. Still, we will never know the full details of what was actually said on the tape, and since the recording was from participants in the events it couldn't have hurt to keep the tape. Surely, a recording that happened when all the details of the event were fresh on their minds would have been valuable information. The FAA would not comment on the name of the official that destroyed the tape.

dz

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
...this, doesn't seem odd to anyone else?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
this whole planet seems a bit odd to me

but yes definatly odd, the rest of the media seems to be ignoring it at the moment to. maybe some names that weren�t meant to be mentioned or broken code of practice was revealed which someone obviously felt urged to cover up

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Of course this seems odd, dz, but people would rather not comment on such a topic without irrefutable proof to back up their theory. I'm sure you can understand. If not just check 9/11 related threads on ATS and you'll notice a trend.

I don't buy the official 9/11 story and it's doubtful I ever will. Do I have all the answers? No. Do I want them? Absolutely.

Why won't they release the name of the 'official' that destroyed the tape? Let's beat some answers out of him/her. The testimonies of those air traffic controllers would be extremely helpful. According to many of the 9/11 timelines that I've viewed, the FAA didn't notify NORAD promptly and we've all wondered what caused the delay. Cut a tape into pieces? Someone's got something to hide.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

Why won't they release the name of the 'official' that destroyed the tape? Let's beat some answers out of him/her.

Cut a tape into pieces? Someone's got something to hide.

Thsi whole thing seems really weird to me. One would think that with this much talk about, the name of the official would have been leaked by now. That's just human nature when too many people know. I kind of has me thinking urban legend. Obviously, more than one person knows who this alleged official is. It's time to talk.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It seems odd to me too but you want to know the truth? The majority of Americans don't care about all the inconsistensies about 9/11. They already believe what Bush and his boys told them after the attacks. In most Americans minds "Bush is the greatest. Who cares about all the questions not being asked. We're going to be safe under Bush regardless."

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
"The majority of Americans don't care about all the inconsistensies about 9/11. They already believe what Bush and his boys told them after the attacks. In most Americans minds 'Bush is the greatest'..."

That's a whole lot of assumption wrapped in thick layer of bias. I think the truth is that most Americans are too busy trying to live a life, support a family and pay bills to put too much time into thinking about 9-11. Others take the "we'll never know the whole truth anyway" approach.

I don't fully believe the "official" story behind 9-11 either, but I don't bite at any little bit of conspiracy rumor that pops up. I do think it's odd about the tape and that the reasoning was unacceptable. However, those people on the tape must still be around somewhere and I'm sure their memories work just fine. Unfortunately, the tape might prove more credible.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They may have distroyed those tapes but I have had one of them for a while and others have copys it will come out.

Falcon

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
They may have distroyed those tapes but I have had one of them for a while and others have copys it will come out.

Falcon

You have copies of the destroyed tape? How did you get it? Either your an airtraffic controller or.......

If you really have it what was said on this tape?

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by dbates]

dz

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What I meant as odd is not the fact that they won't release the tape, but the fact that it was destroyed.

Not only destroyed, but cut up into pieces?

Why would you destroy it in the first place?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If there wasnt anything important or normal on the tape, NO ONE in thier right minds would destroy the tape. Not unless there was something to cover up.

new topics

top topics

join