It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many patriots in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am becoming skeptical of the coming war within America. As much as I believe in the facts I am presented everyday I cannot over come the feeling we do not have as much to fear as some would have us believe.

While the majority of the United States population has become docile and sleepy I think a large part as of recently has started to wake up and take notice of the things that are now happening within our Congress and Goverment.

I am inclined to think that the worst that could happen could in fact not happen because a such a large part of every day patriotic America exists still to this day. Look to the National Guard, the Air Force, the Army, the Navy, you have level headed American boys and girls fighting what they think is the good fight with there parents and siblings at home.

Surely, the U.S. Goverment could not turn our own troops against us? I just don't see how this could be accomplished frankly. The United States military is comprised of everyday Americans not of jackbooted thugs and without the millitary the NSA or Homeland security have no bite behind there bark.

The country and the heart of America start and end with our armed forces being comprised of "The People" and I don't believe that big goverment could turn them against us so easily. I do believe they may be planning to try but I cannot see how this could be done with the roots of the average soldier so rooted in freedom and liberty.

In order for the U.S. to enact laws that would turn the people against the goverment it would surely involve not just the military but also there own families back home and therefor would envoke a civil war the goverment would not be able to predict or control.

I would state based on this fact alone, we would not see such a thing whithin our lifetime although we would continue to see a reduction in our personal freedoms on an almost daily basis while they maintain the fasad of nationalism.

We are losing our freedom every day and every new bill that is passed but at this time the goverment is not equipped nor ready to deal with a civil war. It is folly to think that the bulk of the armed forces would side with a goverment who rejects freedom and American ideals.

Raise up, wake up, do what you can every day but don't cross the line because polictal reform is not off the table as of yet, consider Ron Paul and don't lose hope in a peacefull way to calm things down.

Things are without question getting out of hand but it is not to late to make things right without taking up arms. The best and the smartest among us need to shine now and do the best they can to right the ship before it sinks and we have no choice.

Remember our fathers, remember the alamo, remember all the brave Americans who died and fought for our Constitution and remember that when it becomes your time to fight, there will likely be nobody there to help you....... You must fight anyway.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Ghriffin]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Great post Ghriffin,

But how can the best and smartest among us shine when they are simply mocked and ignored at levels that matter?

I enjoyed your post, but it would take an act of God to keep this country from turning militant agents its own people at the rate this country is being forced to change. We have a tyrannical President & Presidential cabinet, the worst bunch of thugs the United States has ever seen pushing, forcing, and strong arming law makers to pass bills that strip our sovereignty, and driving us into a financial black hole! I would like to be optimistic but common sense is not so common any more aseptically in Washington D.C. (Who needs to read a bill before voting it)
With the mind set that surrounds Washington rite now do you really think a man as great as Ron Paul could be put in a position to give this nation a 180?

S&F Buddy
The_Tick

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghriffin

Actually you might be surprised at how many legitimate militia groups there are out here with one common goal... restore the constitution to its greatness, and those out here number a very large group...

we will not fire the first shot unless provoked and then it starts and it would be balls to the walls till it was done...

And the time is coming and a lot sooner than many of us actually expected, but when it comes we deal with it.... once and for all... so do not give up hope

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Tick
Great post Ghriffin,

But how can the best and smartest among us shine when they are simply mocked and ignored at levels that matter?

I enjoyed your post, but it would take an act of God to keep this country from turning militant agents its own people at the rate this country is being forced to change. We have a tyrannical President & Presidential cabinet, the worst bunch of thugs the United States has ever seen pushing, forcing, and strong arming law makers to pass bills that strip our sovereignty, and driving us into a financial black hole! I would like to be optimistic but common sense is not so common any more aseptically in Washington D.C. (Who needs to read a bill before voting it)
With the mind set that surrounds Washington rite now do you really think a man as great as Ron Paul could be put in a position to give this nation a 180?

S&F Buddy
The_Tick

You are correct, change is coming at an alarming pace but that in and of itself says that the goverment is tripping over its own feet.

Real manipulation is that of subtle influence, not of desperate all sweeping reform that happens in a the span of a year or two. They know there is unrest and they know they are unable to stop the will of the people and they are doing what they can to maintain a view of control.

Any goverment fearing backlash from a nationwide economic colaspe from goverment ignorance would do the same. I don't think they are anywhere near prepared to wage ware on the people, In fact I think they are despertely trying everything they can to avoid the people going to war against them.

Label who they may as domestic terrorists there are enough of us now that would surely take up the cause of the poor innocents who they tried to make lessons of.

The only thing that stops the other percentage of americans who share this ideal is the thought and probably the reality that many will have to die, be tortured and prosacuted before anyone will take up the cause.

top topics

join