It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla's birthday on Google.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I see from Google's picture today that it is, or would have been the birthday of Nikola Tesla.

It still puzzles me why, they can happily use many of his inventions in every day life, yet my kids can go through their entire primary school years without a mention of him in science lessons? They probably won't in high school either.

If it weren't for me explaining a few things to them, they'd be ignorant to his excistance.

Oh well, it's almost 2am here in the UK, i'm waiting for the ISS to go overhead, and i'm raising a cup of coffee to the great man as we speak.

Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!

CX.

[edit on 9/7/09 by CX]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
www.google.com...

thats the image for those in USA who dont want to wait

dont click it if you dont want to see it early!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best mad scientist that has ever existed!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Happy Birthday to the greatest contributor to modern science.

I spit on those who stole from him.

I spit on those who still keep his secrets.

And i spit on those who are wiping him from history.

He really was a man out of his time.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The Tesla Coil - one of the greatest inventions of Mankind.

'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think the suppression of Tesla's inventions and his knowledge altogether can be considered a shame as well as a blessing. I still hold a little bit of animosity for those that took advantage of his inventions and the overall suppression of his knowledge. However, I curse Edison for electrocuting elephants and other animals in an attempt to discredit Tesla's introduction of AC current, what an idiot!

I think that if this knowledge was taught in public schools it would inspire many bright minds to create some of his unfinished inventions which the world is not ready for. Humanity is too immature socially for this knowledge and it could destroy us all. I think Tesla understood this and maybe that's why it ended the way it did, the source of his information is still available and it will still be there when we are ready for it.

top topics

join