It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Mass Evacuation Bus Spotted on Interstate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That's an EMS (Emergency Medical Services) disaster bus.

It's used to evacuate medical patients from disaster scenes.

It's not owned or operated by FEMA, but might have been purchased with a FEMA grant.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You guys are SOOO over reacting. First of all, this is not FEMA, its a local municipality spending some of Obama's stimulus money.

Look here:

This year the EMS department participated in a grant opportunity to increase the medical surge capacity should it be challenged to evacuate patients or special needs individuals. The Brunswick County Emergency Services Department has been approved for a $324,162.00 grant award to assist with the purchase of a Medical Transport Bus. The bus would be utilized for the transport of mass casualty victims, special needs transports during disaster evacuations and assist with patient relocation from fixed facilities within the region. We are receiving the grant award as a way to build partnerships regionally with a needed resource for this area.

This is a PDF from Brunswick County

Sorry to break it to you, but its just more wasteful spending for a useless government vehicle.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is a local bus as others have stated.

Even if it was not why do yall think it is for anything bad for all we know it could be to get help to wherever an emergency is.

I have seen many vehicles like this for years, heck the fire department here I live has something similar to this its a regular bus with lights on the top and is painted red.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
FFS! I hate to burst your bubble, but if you notice there is a star of life on the side. Hence an EMS vehicle. I work EMS in NC and SC, we have already been trained on these "FEMA buses" and they are for mass evac of large density area's such as nursing homes, and hospitals that need patients that are bed bound or ICU patients. The ones that we were trained on had 3 tiers that would hold patients on stretchers in route to a facility that offers equal or higher level of care. So chill out, we were trained on these for hurricane season.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by InfoWanted]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
You guys are SOOO over reacting. First of all, this is not FEMA, its a local municipality spending some of Obama's stimulus money.

Look here:

This year the EMS department participated in a grant opportunity to increase the medical surge capacity should it be challenged to evacuate patients or special needs individuals. The Brunswick County Emergency Services Department has been approved for a $324,162.00 grant award to assist with the purchase of a Medical Transport Bus. The bus would be utilized for the transport of mass casualty victims, special needs transports during disaster evacuations and assist with patient relocation from fixed facilities within the region. We are receiving the grant award as a way to build partnerships regionally with a needed resource for this area.

This is a PDF from Brunswick County

Sorry to break it to you, but its just more wasteful spending for a useless government vehicle.

Thank you. Just read this after I posted.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
yeah good luck, Like really. What kind of EMERGENCY and what kind of CONTAINMENT.. would need an area ...?? hmmm

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
yeah good luck, Like really. What kind of EMERGENCY and what kind of CONTAINMENT.. would need an area ...?? hmmm

Every emergency needs an area, a safety zone where you can treat people safely who need care.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well the bus will be easy to locate with all those lights on it. 8 flood on the back alone. Might look like the second coming with them all turned on.

The second video with the sign was disturbing for some reason. The color maybe, or the text. It was strange. Maybe just part of the H1N1 preparedness plan.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This post has new information on the buses - see links below.

Bear with me for 5 seconds. Could people please stop with the "FEMA" this and FEMA that garbage! Just because something deals with emergency management, planning for civil war and insurrection, or detainment - like DoJ BOP "satellite camps" and Army civilian inmate labor programs or Army North - doesn't mean its "FEMA." Every time I see that I see someone lost in the maze of stories from the 1990s (when FEMA had a more important role). Well, guess what, FEMA is the weak sibling now - it's about the DHS, DoJ NSS, CIA, Army, etc. It's a lot worse than just FEMA! That's the DOJ BOP gearing up to take in 500,000, and DHS with a sprawling illegal alien detainment camp system (heading into a likely amnesty, and emptying of those camps - to be filled with?) - nothing to do with FEMA.

Now for this video...Two North Carolina counties have the buses for HURRICANE evacuations. However - it is worth noting that they were funded by DHS (Federal grants) and are part of a national level disaster planning that involves the military and is cross-functional. Still...nothing to do with FEMA! More videos on these buses and their use in natural disasters...

www.news14.com...
www.starnewsonline.com...

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
BTW the waht kind of emergency comment was a joke reffering to the way he said it in the 2nd video..
lmao ~WHY SO SSSSSSERIOUS *quote Joker in the Dark knight

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
While the gent recording the video should have realized it was only a EMS mass evacuation bus, purchased with FEMA or Obama stimulus money...

...so many of us still are haunted by the Executive Order and proposed legislation that authorizes FEMA camps around the United States. And the people have to be sent to these camps somehow, right?

Why not a mass evacuation bus?!!?

A new bill has been introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives called the National Emergency Centers Act or HR 645. This bill, if passed into law, will direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish national emergency centers otherwise known as FEMA camp facilities on military installations. This is an incredibly disturbing piece of legislation considering that the powers that be have already set in motion an agenda to setup a nationwide marital law apparatus through U.S. Northern Command and the Department of Homeland Security.

Apparently, the fusion centers, militarized police, surveillance cameras and a domestic military command is not enough. Even though we know that detention facilities are already in place, they now want to legalize the construction of FEMA camps on military installations using the ever popular excuse that the facilities are for the purposes of a national emergency. With the phony debt based economy getting worse and worse by the day, the possibility of civil unrest is becoming a greater threat to the establishment. One need only look at Iceland, Greece and other nations for what might happen in the United States next.

With this in mind, it appears as if these so called national emergency centers will be used in a national emergency but only if the national emergency requires large groups of people to be rounded up and detained. If that isn’t the case, than why have these national emergency facilities built in military installations?
www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Brunswick County is a large, coastal county in NC, south of the Cape Fear River. It regularly gets the stuffing kicked out of it by hurricanes, so evacuation support is needed.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Seriously, why no windows? Also in the last seconds of the clip you can see a bus, of some sort, behind him as well. What's up with that? It may have given us more context. Isn't Brunswick a coastal county? I'm sure they used their Federally allocated DHS money for that ride and justified it as part of their Hurricane preparedness plans.

Edit...aww wrong state.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Seriously, why no windows? Also in the last seconds of the clip you can see a bus, of some sort, behind him as well. What's up with that? It may have given us more context. Isn't Brunswick a coastal county? I'm sure they used their Federally allocated DHS money for that ride and justified it as part of their Hurricane preparedness plans.

Edit...aww wrong state.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

Maybe it's a mobile command post, a forward unit of some kind. That would explain the missing windows.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Am I the only one who thinks the ENTIRE premise and innuendo of the OP is just plain wrong?!?

A) It has been repeatedly pointed out what the vehicle actually is, and its actual purpose

B) It has NOTHING to do with some sort of 'New World Order' nonsense

C) A clandestine plan involving a vehicle to trap and contain citizens in the aforementioned nonsense 'New World Order' for nefarious purposes --- and it's clearly labeled???

Did I miss the original joke? Because, conspiracy site or not, ATS deserves better topics than some fly-by-night obvious imbroglio such as this!

[edit on 9 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm curious to know if anybody has photos, video, or has observed similar mass evacuation busses in their communities.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if they were common. But, since it seems FEW have actually seen these in their communities, it's a newer resource for local/state/federal governments.

This, of course, draws a little mystery behind it. And given the recent actions of this government, seeming as though they are tyrannical and overstepping their constitutional duties regularly, people are uneasy with this kind of mystery.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by kosmicjack

Am I the only one who thinks the ENTIRE premise and innuendo of the OP is just plain wrong?!?

A) It has been repeatedly pointed out what the vehicle actually is, and its actual purpose

B) It has NOTHING to do with some sort of 'New World Order' nonsense

C) A clandestine plan involving a vehicle to trap and contain citizens in the aforementioned nonsense 'New World Order' for nefarious purposes --- and it's clearly labeled???

Did I miss the original joke? Because, conspiracy site or not, ATS deserves better topics than some fly-by-night obvious imbroglio such as this!

[edit on 9 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

The original post contained a YouTube video of an individual that observed a mass evacuation bus. I included a snippet from the related blog site that included more information from the individual who recorded the video. It was determined to be an EMS bus, but was being relocated to another undetermined location indefinitely.

The individual lives in the area, has never seen such vehicles before, and could not claim they have ever used such vehicles for any mass evacuations.

I posed the question, have other communities seen this type of mass evacuation busses? If so, please provide some information.

In the original post, I made no reference to New World Order. That evolved throughout the threads.

I thank you for your comment and contribution to this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the inside of that particular bus:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/315325fc611a.jpg[/atsimg]

As a Paramedic also I have seen a lot of FEMA grant stuff, and Homeland Security stuff show up as a part of grant packages.

Our service got three beautiful enclosed trailers for disaster equipment from FEMA right after Katrina and they have been sitting in the parking lot of the ambulance service for three years now. They are basically just storage units that arose out of the FEMA-noia after Katrina.

After all the bitching about the slow and inadequate FEMA response to Katrina the govt has gone WAY OVERBOARD on this stuff. All around the country there are millions of dollars of disaster equipment rotting away like the trailers they gave the homeless folks.

More often than not the folks who bitched about Katrina are the ones bitching about FEMA now. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Tell me how you reeaally feel!

We're just curious. And conspiratorial. And we need something to do in between celebrity dramas. By all means, if you don't like this speculation, start another thread on another topic and I'll read that one too.

Now back to the OP. It would be very interesting to know how many of these buses were bought and paid for with DHS monies in the fear-mongering after 9/11 and how many of those buses have actually been used for legitimate purposes.

Not to caravan big-wigs. Not as spectacles at school functions and county fairs. Not at local pancake fundraisers - for actual emergencies.

My bet, Zero.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
When I first saw this bus the thought went through my head, there are no windows because this is going to be full of bodies that wont be seeing again.

But maybe it is just a 911 bus, for mass casualties. Things like that tend to happen here in America.

And for those who say no windows to keep things in, it also keeps things out as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join