It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to Restrict Ammunition Sales Takes a Step Forward in the Golden State

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You get the government you voted for.

Therefore, you get the government you deserve.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That's not necessarily true. As was blatently obvious to even my mother once Bush won a second term, who you vote for means nothing as the winners are pre-determined.

I don't vote for that very reason, it's a joke. Hopefully the trolls and their one liners stay away for a while.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here is a list of phone numbers of the members of the California State Senate Appropriations Committee.

I urge ANY folks who find this particular legislation disagreeable to contact these Senators and respectfully urge them to oppose AB962.

SENATE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE:

State Senator Christine Kehoe (D-39), Chair
(916) 651-4039

State Senator Dave Cox (R-1), Vice-Chair
(916) 651-4001

State Senator Ellen Corbett (D-10)
(916) 651-4010

State Senator Jeff Denham (R-12)
(916) 651-4012

State Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-7)
(916) 651-4007

State Senator Loni Hancock (D-9)
(916) 651-4009

State Senator Mark Leno (D-3)
(916) 651-4003
[email protected]

State Senator Jenny Oropeza (D-28)
(916) 651-4028

State Senator George Runner (R-17)
(916) 651-4017

State Senator Mimi Walters (R-33)
(916) 651-4033

State Senator Lois Wolk (D-5)
(916) 651-4005

State Senator Mark Wyland (R-38)
(916) 651-4038

State Senator Leland Yee (D-8)
(916) 651-4008

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

This is not a state deal. This is mandated and enforced by Department of Homeland Security. You can call your state official, but it won't do any good. Like I said, this is under Federal Jurisdiction. Do as they say or lose funding. California ain't turning down 1 thin dime these days. So they have no choice but to go along with it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
reply to post by Snisha

This is not a state deal. This is mandated and enforced by Department of Homeland Security. You can call your state official, but it won't do any good. Like I said, this is under Federal Jurisdiction. Do as they say or lose funding. California ain't turning down 1 thin dime these days. So they have no choice but to go along with it.

I agree with this. This is how they plan on dictating the whole country. Let them go bankrupt and refuse to give any more money to the states unless they pass their laws.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
reply to post by Snisha

I agree that this is most probably a template of how the gun-banning activists would like to see this policy play out across the nation.

But this is presently just a bill passing through the California Legislature and it would implement a policy that would be enforced by the California Department of Justice NOT The Department of Homeland Security.

The wording of the bill clearly states:

This bill would establish a program administered by the Department of Justice for licensing handgun ammunition vendors, as specified. The bill would establish a database maintained by the department to serve as a registry of handgun ammunition vendors. This bill would require that commencing July 1, 2010, unless specifically excluded, no person shall sell or transfer more than 50 rounds of handgun ammunition in any month unless he or she is registered as a handgun ammunition vendor
www.leginfo.ca.gov...

If this was a bill passing through the United States Congress, the NRA would most assuredly have launched a massive campaign to "put the word out" so to speak.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

California: AB962 Scheduled to be Heard on Monday, July 20 in Sacramento

www.nraila.org...

If any of you in CA are opposed to this nonsense legislation, NOW is the time to be contacting your State Legislators!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join