It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens were not interested in us, a short story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I found this really short story today, is kind of fun, also be sure to check the sequels

From our earthlings perspective, i think we could probably find ourselves on this scenario some day, and that would be it

Main story:

The ship hung there like a giant inverted chrome acorn. It had arrived without warning a week before, simply appearing in a rush of displaced air a scant few thousand meters above the ground.

Outbound Flight

And sequels, mostly fun stuff:

For one terrifying fraction of a second, just long enough to register in my brain, I found myself surrounded by sky, staring at the outside skin of the aircraft.

Space Pocket

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. I’m happy to report most of the turbulence seems to be behind us, and we’re back at a cruising altitude now. The rest of your flight looks like it should be fairly smooth.

Your Destination Has Not Yet Arrived

Well i don't know if this is the right forum for this, but since the stories central theme is a UFO landing or hovering on earth..
, if not, then please some mod move it somewhere else, thanks.

What do you think? what would happen if that was all? imagine that, we get to see it on the sky and then, nothing, nothing at all, kind of funny, if we were not earthlings we would probably laugh at those poor earthlings and their hopeless dreams

Edited to add: there are also more prequels and sequels, if you scroll down a little their are listed on the bottom of the story, there are just a few more but very interesting, at least for me

Kai

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Kaifan]

Oh, and yes, the Space Pocket one is written by Phil Plait, the declared and proud skeptic from BadAstronomy

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Kaifan]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
is anybody here? hello?

Not a single response in days, everybody was on the M.J. stuff or the Ufo releases spheres thread

LOL, i hate it when this happens

I'll go now and open a thread about Harry Potter, before the next wave of occultism conspiracies starts

new topics

join