It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Commercial Promotes cashless society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I hope this is the right place for this, but I recently seen a commercial that struck me as "unique"

The commercial was for IBM or something like that. In it a man comes into a coffee shop, he's obviously late, as his two co-workers are waiting for him. He goes on to explain how he got caught in traffic at the toll booth. He was upset because they added more EZ pass lanes, thus decreasing the amount of cash lanes.

His partners scold him for not being "with the program" and go on to explain how bills are being paid through the air.

The freaky part of the commercial is at the very end, when the "announcer voice" says something to the effect of " there's something to that". The way he says it, almost suggest like he's warning someone.

I apologize for not having it exactly correct, but I can't catch the commercial, if anyone has seen this commercial please, add as you wish.

I just found it odd, as I wasn't watching the ommercial, just listening to it.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You can see the Ad here:
www-3.ibm.com...

Transcript:

Sean: You're late.

Richard: Big line at the toll booth. You know those electronic passes?

Sean: Yeah.

Richard: Used to be one lane�then two�now�three.

Sean: And you don't have one.

Richard: No.

Denver: It's the on demand world.

Richard: Huh?

Denver: Electronic pass connects to toll booth.
Toll booth connects to bank.
Bank to your credit card.
You come in here with your laptop�click click�pay your bill through the air�(snaps finger).
But you don�t get it, so you wait in line.

Sean: That means something.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
WOW

you beat me to it ....i heard that the other night and thought exactly the same thing !!!!!

its part of the programming for a cashless society .....your damn right !!!!

line up robots and digest some more conditioning......

i bet there is subliminals involved also...........

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What channel were you watching when they aired this commercial?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Aceofbase, thanks for the link and transcript. I've been watching T.V. for 2 weeks trying to see the commercial again. I need Tivo!

Watcher, I am not shocked that you caught it. Any other "programs" caught your attention?

Illmatic67- I think I was watching TNT. I am a Law and Order and NYPD BLUE Junkie.

Thanks people, I thought this post was going to bomb.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That sounds like when the NYC subway totally phased out subway tokens so that now you can only use credit-card-like "MetroCards" to pay the fare. If you pay for the MetroCard with credit/debit cards, it is possible to track a person's movement in and out of the subway by looking at the date/time stamp when they swiped to get in. You can still use cash to buy them, but it's soooooo much eaiser to use a debit card. And I'm sure one day it will be credit/debit only, making all subway travel trackable down to the individual. Scary!

top topics

join