It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stop a nuke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just had an idea as to how we (meaning the population of earth) can band together to make sure that our world isn't ever destroyed by stupid governments and their stupid nuclear weapons. Ok...What if a bunch of people from all over the world joined together and made some kind of an organization or foundation. And what this organization would do would be to pool together money and resources, and devote them to designing our own civilian controled, nuclear missle shield, which could shoot down missles launched anywhere on earth. I realize this would require a lot of effort and organization to accomplish, but do you guys not think that it is a worthy goal to work for? No government to date has come up with any kind of plan that can keep THE ENTIRE world safe from nuclear missles, and so far they don't really seem to care. All they care about is making sure that it isn't their asses being nuked. But the fact is that we're all on the same planet and its really not good for any part of it to be nuked, because it still affects the whole planet.

Well okay, what do you guys think? Is this something worth looking into or just an unrealistic ideal?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I really don't think you will find "a bunch of people" who will donate the billions or even trillions of dollars that this would need.

To be honest, I don't think it can be done, even with infinite resources.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Herr Colonel, See thread discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Similar topic. Anti-balistic defense shield doesn't work!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What you don't realize is that alot of people would rather let there government deal with it, because they don't have alot of money to put into something like this.

If this plan were to succeed you would probably look at widespread corruption...Your looking at free money for something that might not even work.

It's a good idea, but it can't work due to our human nature.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Gee, if we did have this benevolent, pan-cultural defense shield couldn't you just put a warhead on an alternate delivery device; say an ox drawn cart or something and get the same result? Just wondering.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a civilian controlled missle sheild would never work because one, any government will have the resources as well as special forces troops to take it out (before a government would launch its nukes) and as said earlier corruption and all that stuff

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Totally an unrealistic ideal.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
already been done.....
first it was the UN. then, they made the International Atomic Energy Agency and it sucks.

top topics

join