It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pumpkin Man Brown mountain need help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
hello everyone i didnt see a thread concerning pumpkin man on ats so i thought i would post one. on july 17 on coast to coast am there was a guest dicussing pumpkin man a supposed alien being that flys in a light bubble terrorizing people in brown mountain north carolina. now this being was described as being a skinny humaniod between 4 and 6 feet tall and the beings face was shrivled. the being also had red eyes. to my mind a twisted version of a grey came to mind so i was wondering if anyone out there has any more info on pumpkin man or has heard of any other encounters with pumpkin men like beings i believe these beings are aliens if they exisit. thanks for your help.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by deadpool84

sounds interesting deadpool84,

i never heard of the "pumpkin man" before.

it seems this might be folklore ? not sure.

i went searching but i don't see this mentioned anywhere other than the Coast to Coast A.M. show.

Pumpkin Man & Strange Lights

Appearing in the last hour, paranormal investigator Joshua P. Warren shared an update on the lore of Pumpkin Man, a shriveled figure on Brown Mountain (in NC), and a possibly connected sighting of anomalous lights using night vision goggles. The lights were seen in an area where a murder of campers had taken place on Brown Mountain. They expanded, brightened, flashed, and pulsated before suddenly vanishing, he detailed. A video of the unusual occurrence will soon be posted, he added.

the Brown Mountain Lights phenomena is really interesting...

The Brown Mountain Lights are one of the most famous of North Carolina legends. They have been reported a dozen times in newspaper stories. They have been investigated at least twice by the U.S. Geological Survey. And they have attracted the attention of numerous scientists and historians since the German engineer, Gerard Will de Brahm, recorded the mysterious lights in the North Carolina mountains in 1771.

"The mountains emit nitrous vapors which are borne by the wind and when laden winds meet each other the niter inflames, sulphurates and deteriorates," said de Brahm. De Brahm was a scientific man and, of course, had a scientific explanation. But the early frontiersman believed that the lights were the spirits of Cherokee and Catawba warriors slain in an ancient battle on the mountainside.

One thing is certain, the lights do exist. They have been seen from earliest times. They appear at irregular intervals over the top of Brown Mountain - a long, low mountain in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. They move erratically up and down, visible at a distance, but vanishing as one climbs the mountain. From the Wiseman's View on Linville Mountain the lights can be seen well. They at first appear to be about twice the size of a star as they come over Brown Mountain. Sometimes they have a reddish or blue cast. On dark nights they pop up so thick and fast it's impossible to count them.

www.google.com...
www.brownmountainlights.com...

Joshua Warren website has this video of the lights...

here's another video...

and a news report...

now as far as Pumpkin Man ...i don't know but i do rember some kind of weird story about some Alien hands or fingers being found in the woods there.

images.google.com...

maybe someone else will know more about the Pumpkin Man ?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I live in western NC. This 'pumpkin man' is news to me. It may be that I have missed hearing about it, but I doubt it. The Brown Mountain Lights go back before the white man came. I do recall reading something 6 months or so ago about a study that indicated a piezoelectric discharge.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
never heard of this pumpkin man.the only thing i know that flies and scares ppl is the mothman.any more news op on this one?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hey there thanks for your input easynow. As i was listening to coast to coast am, i heard the guest speaker talk about how this pumpkin man flys around inside of a bright white light. to me that sounded like some sort of craft. he also said that brown mountain is known to have lights like that which the videos provided by easynow show. he went on to say that stories of pumpkin man are known to locals but as u can see google search doesnt provide much info on the subject. the guest speaker then went on to say that a man tried to take advantage of the legend and dressed up as pumpkin man and murdered two people. now i cant find a record of that either as i searched for a double homicide on brown mountain but did not find any results. if anyone else can provide any more info please do. im considering planning a trip out to the brown mountains for myself however i dont believe it to be much more eventfull than a camping trip as i feel that whenever you go looking for something u wont find it but as soon as u stop looking things seem to pop up.

top topics

join