It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger fixes faulty airliner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Passenger fixes faulty airliner

news.bbc.co.uk

Holidaymakers avoided a long delay to their flight home when a passenger fixed a mechanical problem with their plane.

Passengers on Thomas Cook flight TCX9641 from Menorca were told to expect an eight-hour wait while an engineer was flown out from the UK.

One passenger then identified himself as a qualified aircraft engineer and offered to try to remedy the fault.

He was successful, and the plane landed in Glasgow only 35 minutes late.

A spokeswoman for Thomas Cook said the company followed strict procedures to ensure the man was qualified to work on the aircraft, a Boeing 757-200,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
that man should be given a medal
i know whenever i fly i hate when planes are delayed. An 8-hour delay could have been disastrous for some of the passengers. Hopefully this man got to fly first class or something for free.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was expecting to read that he was arrested as a terrorist or something. It's nice to hear a normal bit of good news nowdays

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i dont think i would have boarded the plane though

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
He was qualified to do the job, they checked.

I'll take what I can get when facing such a long delay.
Yes, the plane was still on the ground, but would you question his skills at 35,000 feet if he was the one able to solve the problem and get you back on the ground in one piece ?

I'm not a qualified physician, but I bet you'd be willing to let me give you first aid at a car crash. And I'm not a mechanic, but if you were stuck at the side of the road you'd probably let me look under the hood.

He did the job, good for him.

I hope the airline gives him a few free tickets to anywhere they fly.....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
I was expecting to read that he was arrested as a terrorist or something. It's nice to hear a normal bit of good news nowdays

Haha yeah me too.

Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

join