It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Bible in Existence Published Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
In today's news is a report of the oldest known complete copy of the Bible, discovered back in the seventies, but now fully digitsed and available online,at: [www.codexsiniaticus.org],the work is some 1600 years old. So, if there are any Greek Scholars out there here is a golden opportunity to compare your favourite passages with your own translation.

Hope you find it interesting,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

Hi horsegiver/

Nice post.
The other name given is the Septuagint which has been used since early Christianity...Ancient Christianity!
I guess some still prefer to read from misquoted and mistranslated scripture so they give their OWN version of what is or what isn't acceptable to them.
Nice find!
ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
I guess some still prefer to read from misquoted and mistranslated scripture so they give their OWN version of what is or what isn't acceptable to them.

In the Codex, the text of both the Septuagint and the New Testament has been heavily annotated by a series of early correctors.
source

i guess it mainly goes to show that misquoted and mistranslated scripture is not a new idea.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This Bible has multiple improvements, overwrites and corrections. It lends weight to the lie that people are following the word of God as encapsulated in the Bibles available today. The Bible texts have been organic and changed over the centuries.

Makes me wonder why people are fighting about whose God is the best...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
This Bible has multiple improvements, overwrites and corrections. It lends weight to the lie that people are following the word of God as encapsulated in the Bibles available today. The Bible texts have been organic and changed over the centuries.

Makes me wonder why people are fighting about whose God is the best...

Who is fighting about who's God is the best?
I dont understand ?

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Previously posted in the news section (this isn't a conspiracy)

Closing duplicate topic.

join