It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Apollo TV Lies Revealed - PART 1 - The Truth Behind The Tones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Truth Behind The Tones - this multi-part series will begin to break down the truth about the incredible levels of manipulation and fakery that the Apollo lunar landing program TV footage was subjected to prior to being seen by public eyes.

This second segment is an answer to some skeptics who have claimed that in Part One, all I did was cherrypick a few lucky coincidental examples that appeared to coincide with the quindar tones. The only way to adequately respond to that ridiculous charge is to demonstrate over and over and over again that the quindar tones CLEARLY are related to the video footage - directly contradicting NASA's official claims (outlined in Part One).

This third segment of "The Truth Behind The Tones" begins to examine the various editing techniques that were used to disguise, obfuscate, and erase many of the quindar tones in the Apollo GCTA lunar surface television footage. Appreciating this component of the cover-up is vital to your understanding of the depth and magnitude of the Apollo TV lies. Back in Part 2, I conclusively demonstrated that NASA has indeed LIED to the world about the true purposes of the quindar tones you hear in the GCTA footage, and in Part 3 you will see examples showing the various editing techniques they exploited in order to erase or cover up the majority of the quindar tones that were actually being created by the digital editing system.

More to come.........

These video presentations are not my doing. I am merely posting o them here on ATS because i find them very interesting.
They were posted on Youtube by LunaCognita and from there i have brought them here.
They may have been discussed here before, if so im sure they will be removed. Although i did search for them on here to no avail. I think they are good enough to go over again.

Thanks

LiveForever8

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
One:

Two:

Three:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This is a youtube link:
ww... w.youtube.co m/watch?v=ixRqSJA6FMc

If you want to link to it in a thread like I have done above, remove everything BEFORE the = sign. So if I want to link to that video, I would press the youtube button and then copy "ixRqSJA6FMc" into the box. The youtube button adds all the information upto the = sign.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the vids op I loo forward to watching them later, I have a feeling the wolves are circuling waiting for an opportunity to pounce. * and />

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
interesting, but im sure it could have been done in ten minutes not half an hour that was redicoulousy long. three videos of "beep" "see that? watch again"

[edit on 6-7-2009 by MR BOB ffs add a spell checker!!]

[edit on 6-7-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Are you seriously claiming that they used computers and digital editing to "hide the truth"??? That's pretty outrageous, you better have some evidence and not "personally interview Mr. X... nonsense".

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yep with whatever tech we had back then I'm sure that is what is being implied...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ok, well if that's the case then the editing computer would've needed to be the size of a city.
And what about those who followed the transmissions straight from the moon? Was the city sized computer housed there or what?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

You say that but it was to show how these beeps were not hand picked evidence. If two or three were shown you would say, "oh thats just a coincidence."
So many examples are shown to prove it is a recurring occurrence.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I'm sorry, OP. You've been fooled.

That particular YT user has dozens and dozens of the same puppy poop videos...he knows NOTHING and is just, apparently, some bored kid with no actual technical knowledge other than how to make and post videos.

The guy is a "Luna"tic!!

EDIT: If you read deeper into "LunaCognita"s description, you see that he is a shill for Jose' Escamilla!

'Nuff said!

[edit on 6 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
O.K. Weed, you directed me to this thread in an effort to impress me? (I hope you were kidding, if you were being sarcastic you got me there for sure!)

This stuff is ridiculous. I don't know where to start. I literally would have to drop my IQ many points in order to argue this stuff. The sad thing is, the folks that subscribe to this nonsense are usually not keen enough to even argue with. If they were smart enough to understand the world around them, they would know this stuff is bunk. So there is no need to debate it around here. Those that treat is like a religion (where the less knowledge you have the better believer you make....) can't be reasoned with.

Where, skeptics like me can be reasoned with. Skeptics don't just immediately dismiss stuff, they actually THINK about it, research and UNDERSTAND the subject matter before spouting off. It seems that conspiracy folks seem to view everything through whatever conspiracy glasses they have on at the time and check their brains at the door.

Guys..common sense, reason and logic will set you free of the chains of ignorance.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OK Weedwhcker and Ignorethefacts,

What exactly is a not true about these video posts ?
You say that they are a lie and the guy does not know anything, so, where exactly is he lying? Do those beeps coincide with recognition of objects in the video or not ? Please explain...

Thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mumblyjoe

Let's allow Wiki to describe for you:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Need for Quindar Tones

In order for Mission Control (located in Houston, TX) to stay in contact with the astronauts as they travelled to and from the Moon, NASA used several tracking stations worldwide including the Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex in California and the Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex in Australia as part of the Manned Space Flight Network. These stations were connected to Houston using dedicated telephone lines, which were very expensive to operate at that time. NASA had the option to build two separate systems for operating the transmitters - one to carry the audio from the CAPCOM and another to carry the control signal for the PTT button - but instead chose to combine these two systems together into a single system to keep down the cost of operating the network.

(I jump out of the ext source to explain 'PTT'...it's 'Push To Talk'. 'CAPCOM' is abbreviation for 'Capsule Communicator'/'Communications'...astronaut in Houston who did all of the communicating with astronauts on flights. For Apollo 11 it was "Duke" Cunningham.)

Implementation of Quindar Tones

Two tones were used in the Quindar system, named after its manufacturer, both being pure sine waves that were 250ms long. The "intro tone" was generated at 2,525Hz and signaled the "key down" keypress of the PTT button. The "outro tone" was slightly lower at 2,475Hz and signaled the release of the PTT button. The tones were generated by special equipment located at Mission Control, and they were decoded by detectors located at the various tracking stations.

The selection of the tones allowed them to travel in the same passband as a human voice, which has a range from 300Hz to 3,000Hz.

Common Misconceptions about Quindar Tones

There are two common misconceptions surrounding Quindar Tones. The first is that one tone originated on Earth, while the second came from the transmitters used by the astronauts while in space. This confusion exists because many ground-to-space transmissions were initiated by Mission Control and responded to by the astronauts. In this sequence, the CapCom would press the PTT which would send the intro tone, then he would speak. When finished, the CapCom would release the PTT which would send the outro tone, and the astronauts would respond to Mission Control. Therefore, those transmissions would consist of a "beep", followed by Houston talking, then another "beep", and the voice of the astronauts.

Another misconception about Quindar Tones is that they were designed to signal the end of a transmission so that the other party would know that the transmission was complete, similar to a courtesy tone used on many half-duplex radio repeaters. While a Quindar Tone did indeed serve this function for ground-based stations, it did not do the same for those in flight.

Does that help???

Adding: Remember also the time delay, due to distance. From Earth to Moon? 1.3 seconds, EACH WAY. 2.6 seconds ROUND TRIP!

Making sense now?

'LunaCognita' is a Looney!

[edit on 6 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The only fakery I see is a clever collection of Apollo videos that happen to have quindar tones as various objects and people leave the F.O.V. . The technology to perform real time data filtering/augmentation on live video feeds and the ability to do do so on a band that had even a slight delay in transmission time (from the earth to the moon) simply did not exist in the 60's. The computing power was the eqivalent of a pocket calculator. Oh yeah, forgot to mention no prgramming language existed at the time for an application that would have required the HUGE packets of data required for a video transmission to be modified in real time.
DEBUNKED!!!!

[edit on 6-7-2009 by johnnyflip]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hi, moon fans.

How about this one ?

www.youtube.com...

Listen after 55 seconds.

About those ones, rare or no BEEP ?:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Are we being fooled by wrong souds with wrong images,
in the 3 x 10 minutes videos ?

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Seriously, WHAT are you trying to say??

First video: Normal

Other videos: Narrator on soundtrack, then selected clips. It's in documentary style. I honestly don't understand the confusion, here.

[edit on 7 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

top topics

join