It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

18With one voice they cried out, "Away with this man! Release Barabbas to us!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Bar abba s, translate to "Son of god "?

Hmm, will the real Jesus Christ stand up, stand up ----

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by AshleyD

So instead all we can do is respect their choices ---

Perhaps if all xtians did that a long time ago and continued to do so then we could all get along and would probably not be having this discussion.

However, this of course would screw up your prophesies wouldn't it you need disharmony in order to exists.

Whens jesus coming back by the way, as you seem rather exited about all this, another 2000 years of waiting ?

Why don't you answer a few of my questions MooCowmao. After all yours aren't serious anyway, it isn't like if ashley did tell you, you would get prepared for it, would you?

Yeah uh huh

more stones

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Here is one of thousands of links that mentions the EU, Roman Cathic Empire and Bible prophecy.

The Bible calls it Europa.
www.seekingtruth.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

18With one voice they cried out, "Away with this man! Release Barabbas to us!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Bar abba s, translate to "Son of god "?

Hmm, will the real Jesus Christ stand up, stand up ----

People had lots of different names then does not mean they are God, how many people today are called Muhammad? If there was meaning behind the name the Bible would have said, its no conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I thought so, as well. What is very odd is that there is another prophecy today on this thread. If you look on page 1 you will see what I mean. How ironic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

EU is descendant of Roman Empire just read a little more that Quran!
All modern, european law comes from Roman Law developed afterwards in Germany, and its mainly Germany who makes modern united europe come true.
And as for the True Faith do You are for real?? Reading Bible it isnt Islam for sure.
With all respect, but world of islam for sure, will not please most of ATSers...If You could in magical way accelerate its secularisation "cooling it down" another 1500 years in a few days it may be more ok...At least we will see its real spiritual-power.

peace

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
What is missing about this falling away is that Jesus said first all the nations must know who he is, that includes Russia, China and Middle East countries who ban preacing and the Bible, but correct me if I am wrong.

The things is, they do know who He is and what Christianity is. It doesn't say they will follow the faith.
In other words, it's giving everyone a chance to know about Jesus. Christianity is spread throughout the world, which has happened. Then we had 'The Great Awakening' of the 18th and 19th centuries. Then it declined into apostasy.

But I do have optimism where I think there will be a worldly backlash of Christianity teaching before the abomination starts, because you know the devil would not want that as the peek of powers reach a climax.

I believe you are right:

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition...

II Thessalonians 2:3

So the 'falling away' is a precursor to the abomination of desolation of the AC.

We're pretty much right on schedule as we're in the birth pangs now and the apostasy is to take place during the birth pangs.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Since what they do is the cause of your hate,

Sorry to disagree my learned friend, but if god is the creator of everything then it is god that is first cause, the cause of hate.

I being merely a creation of a deity am merely acting in a manner that I was designed to do.

I could not possibly act in a manner that I was not designed to do as this would make god not my creator which would be impossible as you are fully aware.

And yes I hate what xtians do, not all the things they do of course because that would be lie.

Christians (as you are fully aware) claim that although god recommended a punishment of death for those who practiced homosexuality. When god killed or had someone else kill the homosexual he did not hate the homosexual. God merely hate what the homosexual was doing.

Now the homosexual being created by god who created all that there is, upon death was loved by god.
Remember we are told god did not hate the homosexual, so one can reasonably assume he loved the homosexual as it is very difficult to envisage an indifferent god.

So, god creates something and loves what he creates, but hates the way his creation acts even though he created it and everything else in the universes as there is nothing that was not created by god.

Here we have a very difficult problem, the god you would have me worship, kills what he loves and creates what he hates. We know that he kills what he loves because he killed his own son (allegedly).

We cannot say oh but the Romans did it or judas did it, it was gods' big idea if those involved in the killing of gods son didn't do what they were designed to do then we wouldn't be having this lovely debate.

So there you go my friend, jesus doesn't hate homosexuals he just hates what they do but still loves them. Although he would kill them anyway.

I don't hate xtians I just hate what they do and one of the things they do is to tell children, that there is a god in the sky that is their only father. And their father in the sky loves them, but unlike their own father the father in the sky will kill them if they act in a manner that he doesn't like. Allthough he (allegedly) created them to begin with.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Moocowman,i can agree with the fact you as a parent are quite annoyed by how much religion is influencing your kids,and it's something you dont agree with so kick up a # storm about that,im not a parent but i can atleast try to put myself in your shoes and i would almost certainly be annoyed.But i have to say...even though all of us on ATS have a certain topic we are all drawn to as opposed to others(yours is obviously Christianity or monotheistic religions in general) I can't help feel there is something more to your distaste for Christians or Xtians as you like to put it than meets the eye....there is a streak of contempt in your posts that cross the looking out for your kids border...Course i may be wrong,i usually am!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If there was meaning behind the name the Bible would have said, its no conspiracy.

Not necessarily, there were plenty of things the early church fathers didn't want you to know so made sure they didn't get into the bible canon.

And there is meaning behind the name, the name is the meaning son of god. Jesus was a common name very common.

Who shall be released ? asks Pilate the choice appears to be barabbas (the son of god) or Yeshua who claims to be the son of god.

So who was released the son of god or the son of god ?

Needless to say this would cause too many problems for you to investigate further, as what you may find could clash with what you choose to believe.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

.Course i may be wrong,i usually am!

Not sure if that was intentional but if so very very funny and observant.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I can't help feel there is something more to your distaste for Christians or Xtians as you like to put it than meets the eye.

Perhaps I'm a closet xhristian, you know just like some closet gays start out all homophobic and anti gay.

Christ I could be a christian trying to get out of the body of a man (a moocowman that is).

Perhaps I'm subconsciously enraged about all the sex and masturbation I missed out on when I was exposed to xtianity when i was younger lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I can't help feel there is something more to your distaste for Christians or Xtians as you like to put it than meets the eye.

Perhaps I'm a closet xhristian, you know just like some closet gays start out all homophobic and anti gay.

Christ I could be a christian trying to get out of the body of a man (a moocowman that is).

Perhaps I'm subconsciously enraged about all the sex and masturbation I missed out on when I was exposed to xtianity when i was younger lol.

Im not trying to be funny.Im just saying,its completely understandable you would be angry as a parent when it comes to your kids being exposed to religions that you would rather they were not(especially in a state funded school).But alot of your posts seem to cross the line of being a worried parent...thats all im saying.But you are right,im usually wrong about such hunches.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

EU is descendant of Roman Empire just read a little more that Quran! All modern, european law comes from Roman Law developed afterwards in Germany,

yes quite a few xtians go round trying to scare people with this, can you produce any evidence other than pastors blog or a christian website ?

and its mainly Germany who makes modern united europe come true.

Can you explain what you mean by this exactly, is English not your first language ? Or is it just something else you heard at church or read on a an xtian website but have no idea what your actually talking about.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You guys who hate Christianity make me sick. I'm a christian and 99% of generalizations you guys make do not apply to me and a lot of people I know. Maybe you guys are exposed to a more radical version. Just stop generalizing, please.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by walsbg22]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't hate xtians I just hate what they do and one of the things they do is to tell children, that there is a god in the sky that is their only father. And their father in the sky loves them, but unlike their own father the father in the sky will kill them if they act in a manner that he doesn't like. Allthough he (allegedly) created them to begin with.

I think that just about sums it up nicely.

The incredible disconnect people have, in believing these fairy tales, simply stuns me. ALL try to justify by quoting from selected and cherry-picked phrases or passages from a disjointed series of 'Books' that were written by people (men)!!!

AND, it is the recent Cult of this christ guy...some ahead-of-his-time philosopher with a gift of gab, maybe some sleight of hand skills as well.

The Human species existed just fine for 10,000 years, minor skirmish fighting over silly god-images, then this nonsense comes along, and next thing you know there are MORE wars and horrendous atrocities commited, all in the name of some character who had been elevated to 'Super-Human' status by certain people who saw a path to power and domination over others.

Branches include, but are not limited to: Lutheran, Protestant, Presbyterrian, Islam, Morman, Jehovas, 7th Day Adventists, Episcopalians.....did I mention the worst of the worst yet?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

But alot of your posts seem to cross the line of being a worried parent...thats all im saying

No disrespect intended dude, I misunderstood you.

You are somewhat correct with your hunch if I'm honest which I do try to be.

I'm more than a little concerned for my kids but get this for a psychological shakedown.

Xtianity tries to force people into a position where they have to ask themselves what if this is all true or even just a bit true ?

I believe this is called "Pascals Wager" but what if thereis truth in another belief and not this one ?

What if there's truth in "Our thoughts create our reality"

Or as jesus described it "Whatsoever ye shall ask knowing it will be given ---"

What if there is truth in this ? Given recent observations of particles seemingly existing in two places at once, and the experiment being affected by the observer.

Should I not then be concerned if a couple of billion people on our planet are licking their lips and sharpening their ego knives praying for a big war where billions get killed and hopefully not them ?

Should I not be concerned my friend , that so many people who claim to be joyous, happy and an inspiration to others who have not been"saved" desperatly need human blood death and destruction.

Who in their right mind would want their child to grow into that ?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I thought this paragraph deserved a post all to itself

The Human species existed just fine for 10,000 years, minor skirmish fighting over silly god-images, then this nonsense comes along, and next thing you know there are MORE wars and horrendous atrocities commited, all in the name of some character who had been elevated to 'Super-Human' status by certain people who saw a path to power and domination over others.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22
You guys who hate Christianity make me sick. I'm a christian and 99% of generalizations you guys make do not apply to me and a lot of people I know. Maybe you guys are exposed to a more radical version. Just stop generalizing, please.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by walsbg22]

You bloody xtians are all the same you're always accusing us of generalizing, nothing could be further from the truth

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well im no fan of religion and i probably agree with most of what you are saying,i just felt there was more to your story and dislike of Christianity than what was coming through in your posts,thats all i was getting at.Good you answered my question...try that on a xtian without knowing some bible quotes are just around the corner waiting to be pulled out the hat!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join