It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lampyridae

page: 1

join
share:
Tyr

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Greetings earthlings,
does anyone of you has more detailed information on the German MBB (now EADS) stealth fighter Lampyridae?
The program was cancelled after a visite of a deligation from the US MOD. Some details are kept in the EF2000 project. Compare the vertical tailplane

www.invisible-defenders.org...

"Lewer duar �s slaav"
Tyr

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by Tyr]

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
howdy,

I have never heard of that project before, but it's interesting...

I found a couple of pages:

www.eads.net... (in german)

This is an interesting article written by Nick Cook (aeronautics expert at Janes Defence weekly) about Europe's secret projects:

pollux.com...

There isn't a lot of info available about this project, it's cancelled for years.

It was actually the only stealth plane being developed at the same time the F-117 was being developed...

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It was a fascinating project, and there's a decent "background" link at pollux.com...
(given by Zion) which might be good first reading.
If you search do "Lampyridae + aircraft" or somesuch, or you'll get thousands of entomological articles about fireflies (which is what the name means)

Tyr

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Greetings again,
thanks for the response. And have a look at the pdf which I found on the net.
www.fas.org...

You may want to read Chapter 3 of the article. I feel a bit angry about this. But it makes US politics a bit more visible: they pay for their technological monopol.

not yet finished and "Lewer duar �s slaav"
Tyr

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yeah I found that pdf file too, I donwloaded it, but forgot to read it...

They must have been stunned when they found out that West-Germanny was working on a SUPERSONIC stealth fighter...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If you dig around with "Lampyridae" plus something to show "aircraft" "stealth" or whatever, there's quite a treasure trove of corruption/pressure to be found, Tyr.
Splendid signature by the way: "better dead than a slave!"
Friesian, is it not?

Tyr

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes it is

and I found the "treasure", too. But I had to stop reading on stuff like that. Frustration rises.

"Lever duar �s slaav"
Tyr.

top topics

join