It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Bible pieced together online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Oldest Bible pieced together online

www.news.com.au

THE surviving parts of the world's oldest Christian Bible will be reunited online on Monday, generating excitement among biblical scholars still striving to unlock its mysteries.

The Codex Sinaiticus was hand written by four scribes in Greek on animal hide, known as vellum, in the mid-fourth century around the time of the Roman emperor Constantine the Great who embraced Christianity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There you go, soon to be online. Knock yourself out.

This article makes me laugh though. As my avatar shows, I'm a Warhammer 40K fan. Games Workshop produce the genre and they write their own Codex for each army chapter.

I prefer Codex Tyranids or Codex Imperialis.

Games Workshop are a company that seeks to make profit. Every few years, they revise the rules and release a new Codex for each army. That way, players need to buy more, generating more profit for the company.

Now consider this. The early Bible is basically a Codex. Here's a quote from the article:

The texts include numerous revisions, additions and corrections made during its evolution down through the ages.

I contend that the Bible is nothing more than a rule book that was sold to an unintelligent populace. It just caught on and became popular. The Bible Codex has undergone revisions, additions and corrections, just like the Warhammer 40K Codices.

Religion, like a gaming company, both update their work constantly, so the consumers always have something new to purchase.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
One thing is for certain. I doubt that the Bible website will get the same number of hits as Michael Jackson tickets or the French declassified UFO files!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

For those who suspect that the existence of God is assumable -- meaning the existence of God who, unlike the Biblical God, must be very imaginative and work hard for his miracles to take place -- this document could be pretty much the letter from that God to them.

The codex was discovered in the middle of the 19th century. Give it a lazy decade to translate it and you know what it formally says. But were there any parts in Codex Sinaiticus that could contradict Codex Vaticanus?
www.newadvent.org...

As a symbol of full acceptance, the version found in Egypt has been made widely available. The doggie wagged its tail; all the wrinkles have been smoothed out and the Vatican worry-free doctrine can pull up by the gas station.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by tezzajw

For those who suspect that the existence of God is assumable -- meaning the existence of God who, unlike the Biblical God, must be very imaginative and work hard for his miracles to take place -- this document could be pretty much the letter from that God to them.

The codex was discovered in the middle of the 19th century. Give it a lazy decade to translate it and you know what it formally says. But were there any parts in Codex Sinaiticus that could contradict Codex Vaticanus?
www.newadvent.org...

As a symbol of full acceptance, the version found in Egypt has been made widely available. The doggie wagged its tail; all the wrinkles have been smoothed out and the Vatican worry-free doctrine can pull up by the gas station.

Hahahaha a letter from god, it's a work of fiction from some mushroom consuming old farts who went up to a cave to have some fun. Naturally this is how every religion is created. Drugs, secrecy and total insanity.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The other posted thread is dated after this one.

There's been a couple of duplicates appear.

Draconian King, I agree...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
People are unnecessarily stingy these days w/ stars and flags - so Star and Flag for you.

I enjoyed this thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

if anyone finds a PDF of web page with the full english translation could you please post it or u2u me? I have been looking .. cannot el-findo.

-

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Your contentions are completely wrong. The Bible, especially the New Testament is by far the best documented ancient manuscript with thousands of separate corroborating manuscripts. They agree far more closely with one another than the next runner up, Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. I don't see anyone challenging the authenticity of that work however.

There are no essential doctrinal differences among them. Jesus, his miracles, and his death burial and resurrection are well documented and were seen by hundreds of eyewitnesses. I'm convinced it's authentic.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Hi prevenge/

The english translation from the Greek...I have posted the link many times, but people just read past my posts!
The Greek Orthodox have always used this,it is called SEPTUAGINT~~~OF THE SEVENTY~BECAUSE IT WAS PUT TOGETHER FROM HEBREW AND GREEK`70 schollars `read more

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing

Hahahaha a letter from god, it's a work of fiction from some mushroom consuming old farts who went up to a cave to have some fun. Naturally this is how every religion is created. Drugs, secrecy and total insanity.

I think the paraphernalia is present when the idea of how world religions started is born. But we know how it spreads: by a total mental subserviency of the indigenous crowd worshiping PhD instead of INRI. What else do you expect from a natural accident that created frankensteins who managed to invent a toothbrush at dusk of their existence -- with the blessed assistance of God who nearly rolled his eyes out of his divine sockets whilst watching that evolution going nowhere. Jesus! -- I mean, Hawking!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Beware these codex, Sinaiticus and Vaticanus. They are works of the Alexandrites, who were trying to destroy the budding Christian movement. They were rewriting the Bible to confuse and corrupt. Older is not better. An older copy of the National Enquirer is not better than a newer copy of Scientific American.

www.1611kingjamesbible.com...

www.scionofzion.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Wait wait wait, thats apples and oranges

So your saying a document that predates the bible is a work to discredit it?
how is that even possible if it wasnt created yet?

how are we to know that this one isnt the TRUE version of events?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by tezzajw

www.newadvent.org...

..And you have evidence to prove that right? I'll just file that one under "Anti Religious Hate mail"

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Jim Scott

So your saying a document that predates the bible is a work to discredit it?
how is that even possible if it wasnt created yet?

That's called the Dullinger paradox. The witnesses closer to the event zero are considered more reliable in their description of the event than those distant ones. But when you let event zero be the human origin, for example, Codex Darwin from 1859 AD becomes more binding then Pentateuch which predates it nearly by two millenia.

join