It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NFL quarterback McNair killed in Tennessee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes) and a woman were found shot to death Saturday inside a residence in Nashville, police said.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron confirmed that authorities were called to a condominium and found McNair and a woman shot to death inside. Aaron said police don’t yet know the circumstances of the shootings.

Link

This is sad news for today. He was a great football player and inspired people to play sports more.

My best wishes go out to his family

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is really sad news, he was a great NFL quarterback.

CNN Report - Video

My prayers and wishes go out to his family.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

As a very big Titans fan this is shocking and sad news to say the least. I was going to post a thread on this but caught up on other things. Props for presenting this!

All these celebrities dying is strange to say the least you know? McNair was a great quarterback, player, and man who contributed to his community and jolted the Titans to their first Super Bowl appearance, which they nearly won in 2000. This is unexpected and a VERY sad day for all Titan fans, as well Baltimore fans I suppose.

RIP Steve!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8349074254f1.jpg[/atsimg]

Courtesy of passtheword.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 7/4/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

found this.. good guy

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Update:

Police: Steve McNair suffered several gunshots, and the woman who was with him, Sahel Kazemi, 20, died of one gunshot to the head.
18 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Dang! Murder-suicide maybe?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
"Air McNair" Alcorn State University in Mississippi

A great athelete, a great man.

May he win all the superbowls where he is now.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

McNair's Escalade involved in DUI arrest this week

A car registered to Steve McNair and a 20-year-old woman was stopped two days ago on Broadway.

The driver and co-owner, Sahel Kazemi, was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test. The car was a 2007 black Cadillac Escalade.

Earlier today, a black Escalade was towed from the condominium complex on Second Avenue where McNair and a female who has not yet been identified by police were found dead this afternoon.

It is not clear whether this is the same vehicle involved in the DUI arrest.

Steve McNair is married to Mechelle McNair, who police have confirmed is not the victim.

www.tennessean.com...

Hmm I wonder if this DUI has anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

A Tennessee newspaper reports that Steve McNair had an affair with the woman who was found dead next to him.
4 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

That's not good

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, from the reports coming out,, Steve had 3 bullet wounds, and the lady with him had a single gunshot wound to the head.

Sounds like she killed him then killed herself. This would ring even more true if it turns out he was having an affair with her.

It may be a little crass.. but ending an affair (if this is what was happening) should never be handled in person.

-edit- Changed number of bullet wounds.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
wow. how very tragic for everyone involved. the titans with mcnair were fun to watch.

may they rest in peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Let us keep speculation to a minimum until we know for sure what happened.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I completely understand where you are coming from with your statement... but...

This is ATS, speculation makes it's home here.. it is a conspiracy site after all.

There has been speculation in every MJ thread that has popped up.. what makes this one any different?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Nothing makes this different other than my personal attachment!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Then you are biased.... not that that is a bad thing, but that does not mean others cannot make "speculations".

If it turns out those who make the speculations (such as myself) are wrong, we (I) would be the first to admit it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

True, I am sorry....I am just a huge Titans fan and am GREATLY SADDENED TODAY, forgive me...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No worries my friend...

I live in TN... none were as shocked by this as myself (there I go with speculations again
).

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Cool.... I really hope the Titans win it all this year, I thought they were last year. I am rocking a Chris Johnson jersey right now, I do not have a McNair....

top topics

join