It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powdered Water - is this real ? ( Update / Answer )

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If I get time today or tomorrow, I'll head out with the ole digital camera and snap a pic or two of the billboards,

now I just have to remember where I've seen them..

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would say so. There is already food like that. I find that not hard to believe.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.miragewatermaker.com... -- This is a plausible method of water extraction. Condensation.
Qinetiq here made a device which condenses several litres of water to a gallon of petrol in the desert.
The 'dehydrated water' powder thing is nonsense, you'd only get trace elements, e.g. NaCl (salt) for sea water, etc.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's one of two things.
1.) It's total bs.
2.) It's finely ground ice that needs to kept frozen.
Either way it's laughable and probably a waste of time and money.

The Answer:
Humidifier? Apparently it takes in air,
and removes the trace water content from the air to create the water using a filtration system, by process of condensation. Not too different from digging a hole in the ground, placing a bowl in the hole, then laying a sheet of saran wrap on top being held down by rocks.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
here in N.W. Ohio there are a few billboards that have popped up advertising, powdered water.

It's called Mirage. However, no stores have it and the website for it is under construction.

Has anyone else heard of this or better yet, tried it ?

LOL I'm not laughing at you, I find it interesting that there are more than just one of those sites.

I sent off for a sample of "dehydrated water" from here....of course never got anything...I think they sell your info...

www.buydehydratedwater.com...

Dehydrated water. Thats almost as bad as the Dihydrogen Monoxide joke.........hey maybe the two companies should get together

www.dhmo.org...

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I understand the instructions on the packaging read as follows:

For optimal results, use outdoors during periods of heavy rain.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well it could .... could mean that we ought to be giving our fresh drinking water a closer look, if there are threatening bill-boards joking about 'powdered water'.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Snow is powdered water..
I hope they are not selling snow...

Snow is crystallized water. And you can't put crystallized water into a pouch and think to have powder later on. It already turns into water. Gosh. This is one the most retarded inventions I have EVER heard. Ah well. Brain-storming is a good thing nevertheless

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Air You Breathe, Becomes The Water You Drink!
The Mirage Water Maker uses a multi-patented design which provides a clean, pure drinking water source from the air we breathe, costing only pennies a day!

But what else is in the air ? ... especially when I've had a curry and four pints of Guinness

Thats a very strange concept though. I can understand things like 'Pixy Stix' - you pour them into your mouth and they're like sherbet. But powdered water ???

Powered beer could work though

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is called an atmospheric condensor. It uses the "powder" to gather and trap the moisture from the air to produce water. It works like an ac works, but I am not exactly sure what the science is. It is really cool stuff, and definately a better alternative than regular tap water. If this technology could be used in desert like countries, the problem of water purification would be no more...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

But what else is in the air ? ...

Especially if you live in California! I heard that one can't see the sun for the smog!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Could i interest anyone in my "Powdered Mud"?

Everone knows things are better in their natural powdered form!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Who said someone actually paid for those billboards? If people are willing to spend all night making crop circles, I could see people painting over billboards to perpetrate this hoax.

(For argument's sake, let's just assume crop circles are a hoax - no discussion on that here, please!)

This does raise a couple interesting possibilities, though:

They say "Powdered Spring Water" on the packet - would it be possible to make a powder containing chemicals to make tap water "taste" like bottled water? That would also go along with the "Forget the Bottle" slogan.

Also, along the lines of the condensation machine, is there a nontoxic chemical that would soak up water from the air? I know silica gel (that little packet that comes with all sorts of consumer goods) absorbs moisture. Of course, silica is toxic, so that wouldn't work for this application. That certainly doesn't seem to be what they're advertising here, but it could be useful for desert survival, assuming it could absorb enough water.

EDIT: oops, I see arcadian already beat me on this point

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sounds like a Stevan Wright qoute to me. "I got this powdered water - now I don't know what to add. " or "I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone. "

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I bet this powdered water is not healthy and low in density. It just isn't natural it seems.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If you used this powdered water to make ice cubes, and then used those cubes in a martini, would that make it a dry martini?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's an idea! I have seen a few people say it might just be snow, or frozen water. But this would most likely melt instantly just by holding it in your hand. My guess is, the powdered water, is kept in an insulated package which keeps the inside cold. The frozen water itself is deep frozen. Just think of the Dippin Dots ice cream - the reason it retains its shape is becase its deep frozen.

[Edited on 5/6/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well,
I would still rather vote for a new way of mixing the perfect dry martini!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"dehydrated water"?? Thats a bit of an oxymoron, dontcha think??

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It looks as if this is just a way for this company to show the "buzz" billboards can create. It is a billboard company running the ads on their own billboards. See the domain is registered to below.

Lamar Outdoor Advertising
5030 Advantage Blvd
Suite 102
Toledo, Ohio 43612

US Domain name: FORGETTHEBOTTLE.COM Administrative Contact: Strayer, Chris
[email protected]
5030 Advantage Blvd.
Suite 102
Toledo, ohio 43612
US 419-727-8822
Fax: 419-727-8840

top topics