It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An "optimistically pessimistic" view from Martin Weiss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Mr. Weiss believes we are headed for much more severe and dire times on all levels, seeingly in the vein of Celente and onther hard-core realpolitik bears. But he tempers his views nicely (as oppposed to artifically) and seems to feel that although we will see much more severity, we won't see a fundamental breakdown of a society. He also makes the astute point that although he belives the US is on a long-term downward trajectory, like any other trend, it won't be a straight line. Thus their will be frequent upticks and false dawns as we rot apart, which will present opporunities for a number of different types of people in different ways.

Overall. an interesting, nuanced view IMHO, Although definitely firlmly facing the grim aspects of the emerging reality, refreshingly hopeful for what can emerge from the coming trial-by-fire.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I think he's right about things getting much worse. I'm not sure why he thinks things won't get crazy though.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
After the July 4th maybe the stock market will return to optimism. At that point I think it's time to get out.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

join