It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Are Possibly Being Added to Terrorist Watchlists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ok. So this is more of a personal story and I don't expect people to think about it with a whole lot of merit if anyone even looks at or reads it at all, but I figure I should put it out there so if certain events do play out this may be referred to.
(Hopefully this is the right place for this thread, maybe NWO or probably SkunkWorks so sorry in advance mods if this is the wrong place.)

Anyways, My father works at the County Clerk's office (His 25th anniversary of working at the county was this year) . With the courts being in the same building as his office, and the Sheriff's Department basically next door, he has grown some pretty good friendships with many of the staff at the Sheriff's Department. I have met and had dealings with a few of them myself as I have joined their Pipe Band. As some of you may know, there is another Nation-Wide Tea Party scheduled for the fourth of July this Weekend.

My dad got talking to the Captain one day and they pretty much share in their political aligning. Anyways, My dad asked him if he planned on attending the Fourth of July Tea Party. In response, the Captain said "No, I cannot afford to have my picture put on a terrorist watch list". My dad says, "What do you mean?" "You do know that there were agents from the FBI and Homeland security at the last Tea Party taking pictures of everyone participating right?" Says the Captain.

My dad relayed this story to me and I felt inclined to post it up on here. Kinda short I know but in conjunction with the homeland security reports defining potential domestic terrorists, and all the demonization of the Tea Parties, I think this is a little scary (for lack of a better word). Coming from a Captain at the Sheriff's department, this seems pretty credible. My goal is to take my camera (as a somewhat aspiring photographer) to the Upcoming Tea Party and try to see if I can't get any pictures of my own of anyone sneaking around taking close-ups of the participants. (aka Homeland Security or FBI agents armed with Cameras). I plan on updating the thread with such pictures if I acquire them.

Yeah I had some serious regret about that. Removed the names.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Dienekes]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It seems quite dangerous to put your full name up in my opinion. On one of the ATS podcasts they listed a bunch of places which hit ATS daily, the FBI for certain make a lot of hits on this website.

The idea of trying to get their pictures also seems a little risky for pretty much no reward. Why risk getting yourself on a terror watch list just to take some pictures of some paranoid government dogsbodies?

Things are really weird now, getting on those lists can totally nix your chances of even visiting other countries, let alone moving country or all kinds of stuff. Those lists cause lots of problems. And they're so blatant about exactly what type of regular mundane activities can get you on the list, because they want you to stop it. Everyone knows it's not about terrorism, it's just control. All the same, try your best to avoid those lists.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Okay, I went to a TEA party. If I am on a terrorist watch list for protesting what I (and many others) feel are illegal actions taken by my government, that is my privilege, guarnanteed by the constitution.
It is the First ammendment. And I intend to continue to protectd my ZConstitutional Rights, regardless of who takes my picture or what list I am put on.
Why> Becasue I still believe in Freedom, Liberty, and the Responsibility of the Individual to stand up to a tyranical government.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
It seems quite dangerous to put your full name up in my opinion. On one of the ATS podcasts they listed a bunch of places which hit ATS daily, the FBI for certain make a lot of hits on this website.

I work for an MSO (Cable/Internet). If you have ever posted on these sites it's too late anyway if you used your own connection or one very close to where you live. We have to give up people's IP addresses when the FBI requests them, which they do fairly often. Of course you could use a proxy from another country I guess or a cascade of addresses to obscure your IP address as much as possible.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I would assume anyone who ever served in the military to be on that list... see we were taught to adapt and overcome ... they dont teach this skill anymore to the new recruits, and from what I heard at fort stuart, ga. when my son was graduating boot camp... it sounded like we were training murderer's instead of traditional Army . you know when they march around the chant cadence, "hua~ I want to shoot somebody... hua~ I want to kill somebody.... kind of creepy ... its like being American doesnt mean what it use to mean.... somewhere we citizens went left and the govt went right... and now its a power struggle to see who owns this land... we the people do... but we find out .... its all a dream ... the whole damn dream lasted over 200 years... so now everyone is questioning - reality... is this really America...?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by Apollumi

We have to give up people's IP addresses when the FBI requests them, which they do fairly often.

I assume you mean home address/personal details? The FBI wouldn't need your IP address, because they would have already gotten it, and done a whois to find out what your ISP is.

Hopefully the FBI operate within the law also. Meaning they'd have to go ask one of the ATS admins for our IP data, since they have no legal way of accessing our IPs just by browsing the site.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

top topics

join