It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always will be a sceptic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Subject says it all. I find myself highly unlikely to believe most things that I read even in established news sites. I do find the reads interesting though. Seriously people, the U.S. Government responsible for 9/11? I am sure hundreds of threats come in each and everyday, it would be rather foolish to think that the government would plan and execute such a tragic incident when if they really wanted a tragedy they could just cash in on something that was planned by someone else. Not that I believe that either, but at least more plausible. UFO's in Area 51? Even IF a UFO ever was recovered and taken there, it wouldn't have stayed. Way too much interest. Any such craft and bodies would have been moved to a different site long since. Not that I believe that either but at least still more plausible. The refusal to even acknowledge Area 51; OK so they have acknowledged it recently (July 14th 2003), is just a better way to keep attention focused on an already compromised site. Mass mind control? Do you even know how the brain works? Yes certain areas of the brain are responsible for hearing, site, etc. But memories and actually thoughts are put together in the brain differently from person to person. Any brainwashing, or mind control ever done is going to take several intense sessions tailored to the individual and no special "device" is going to do it in mass. The only mass mind control we have is the media.

I pick these subjects to express how I see things because they are believed by many, are long standing, and can't really be taken as an assault on an individual, at least I hope. Many people believe things that are not true, doesn't make them stupid. And many people; myself included, believe things to be untrue that may not be. Just expressing my nature so as not to be thought a close minded twit that attacks others beliefs in some attempt to make myself feel superior. Prefer to be skeptical and I challenge one's beliefs to show me some sort of proof or at least reasons critically thought out using available evidence that falls short of proof.

For a more open minded look, anyone know of a facility in or under Mt McKinley? There is this huge mountain; larger then Mt. Everest really just not as high above sea level, and it seems to me to be a perfect place to build a facility. Possibly a large bunker to provide for the president and important persons in the event of a nuclear attack back during the cold war; or before. Such a large mass of earth, in a park, well away from other bases known to whomever our enemies might be... well it would be a low priority target, and even if hit would provide ample protection. If no one has built one they should think about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Histopherness
Subject says it all. I find myself highly unlikely to believe most things that I read even in established news sites. I do find the reads interesting though.

Bravo, sir! Hooray for you!

Your opinions and perspective will always be most welcome here, I'm certain. While we may not see eye to eye on certain things I hope that when crossing paths we can expand or constrain each-other's horizons, as appropriate.

I respect your skeptical stance, if you will indulge me, I just want to give you some feedback - the kind you should expect to see along with many who more often than not will agree with you wholeheartedly.

Seriously people, the U.S. Government responsible for 9/11? I am sure hundreds of threats come in each and everyday, it would be rather foolish to think that the government would plan and execute such a tragic incident when if they really wanted a tragedy they could just cash in on something that was planned by someone else. Not that I believe that either, but at least more plausible.

Well, when you put it that way it stands well as an assertion. But I respectfully propose that it is not 'the government' per se, the 'accused' are those governing. When you take into account the nature of the act, the level of inquiry, and the efficacy of those mandated to investigate it, it is inevitable that a pressure-cooker of civic interest would arise. As long as you argue based on the meme that the government is the villain, you can overshadow the reality that 'governments' (especially nowadays) are nothing more than political and commercial cabals. I find it very easy to believe that such collusion for treasonous behavior and destructive self-interest is well within the scope of potential actions such groups could undertake.

UFO's in Area 51? Even IF a UFO ever was recovered and taken there, it wouldn't have stayed. Way too much interest. Any such craft and bodies would have been moved to a different site long since. Not that I believe that either but at least still more plausible. The refusal to even acknowledge Area 51; OK so they have acknowledged it recently (July 14th 2003), is just a better way to keep attention focused on an already compromised site.

Every industrialized nation on earth has a military skunkworks. Area 51 is just one of them. Attaching the UFO folklore to it may have been accidental or otherwise. But in either case, I propose it is the cause of the connection that matters. I suppose I am considerably more inclined to attribute some validity to the phenomena than you. But I can understand your skepticism, and appreciate it's function.

Mass mind control? Do you even know how the brain works? Yes certain areas of the brain are responsible for hearing, site, etc. But memories and actually thoughts are put together in the brain differently from person to person. Any brainwashing, or mind control ever done is going to take several intense sessions tailored to the individual and no special "device" is going to do it in mass.

Well, call it what you will, be it social-engineering, propaganda-driven education, commerce-driven consumerism, it boils down to people, as a 'mob,' behaving as one interest or agenda dictates. I can agree with you regarding what we know of human behavior and the extreme difficulty ans effort it requires to create truely 'controlled' humans, it is an improbability, not an impossibility.

The only mass mind control we have is the media.

I'm 100% in agreement about the media being a control device, but i think there are others, or at least, there could be others, if we are sensitive to means, motive, and opportunity.

For a more open minded look, anyone know of a facility in or under Mt McKinley? There is this huge mountain; larger then Mt. Everest really just not as high above sea level, and it seems to me to be a perfect place to build a facility. Possibly a large bunker to provide for the president and important persons in the event of a nuclear attack back during the cold war; or before. Such a large mass of earth, in a park, well away from other bases known to whomever our enemies might be... well it would be a low priority target, and even if hit would provide ample protection. If no one has built one they should think about it.

Maybe there is one there already. Not exactly my area of expertise. But it sounds like an interesting notion.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I invite you to visit a recent thread of mine on this very topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It got few responses but is germane.

In a nutshell, I suggest you never be too sure of yourself. You might wake up one day (as did I) to discover your world has been turned upside down. Being "wrong" every now and then ain't so bad. Although it is normal to form solid ideas and conclusions based on empirical learning and your perceptions, a healthy dose of doubt can be a good thing.

Regarding underground complexes, the idea is nothing new. You may enjoy this:

www.darkroastedblend.com...

Regards...KK

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well, when you put it that way it stands well as an assertion. But I respectfully propose that it is not 'the government' per se, the 'accused' are those governing. When you take into account the nature of the act, the level of inquiry, and the efficacy of those mandated to investigate it, it is inevitable that a pressure-cooker of civic interest would arise. As long as you argue based on the meme that the government is the villain, you can overshadow the reality that 'governments' (especially nowadays) are nothing more than political and commercial cabals. I find it very easy to believe that such collusion for treasonous behavior and destructive self-interest is well within the scope of potential actions such groups could undertake.

I have spent my years in the government working logistics. Very political logistics I might want to run for office one day
It is because of this that I find it very hard to believe that the government would perpetrate any such tragedy. That includes the individuals as well as special interest groups working under the whole "government" domain. I do not find it so unbelievable that a group or groups would take advantage of a situation that arises. This might include misplacing intelligence warning of an attack. Again I do not believe that but would be more open to that possibility then that of a group in the government orchestrating the whole thing (unless you consider the leadership of the al-Qaeda a government, then yes they did it).

We vilify our leaders too often. Partly because the system of election ensures that they pander to those more likely to keep them in power, and because money goes to grease the squeaky wheel i.e the war on drugs. Keep busting the same people and make news and statistics you keep getting funding. Still in the end a governments job is to meet the needs of its people and I have to believe that at heart that is what most of our leaders want. They too live in this country and they want it a greater place, not to destroy it. Now I have gone off on a tangent...

new topics

top topics

join