It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Korea Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
First of all I support our troops. I don't agree with the wars we are currently fighting. I would prefer our foreign policy to be one of non-intervention, and not getting entangled in alliances with other Nations. We should trade with EVERYONE, but we should invade no one.

We do however have the right to defend ourselves, to preserve the life, people and property of the citizens of the U.S.A.

As screwed up as our country is, I will fight to live in peace here. If North Korea launches an ICBM with a nuke on it toward the U.S. I would support the destruction of all life in the country of North Korea through the use of WMD's of all kinds.

I would not support a ground invasion of North Korea because it is not worth the lives of our service men, and women. I believe we can neutralize the threat of North Korea without invading them. If South Korea wants to go in there, that is up to them, but I think we should attack with missiles, satellites, UAV's, EMP, Chemical weapons, H-bombs, and neutron bombs. Only manned aircraft for carpet bombing cities, and bunker busting to take care of some of the tough underground stuff after the defenses and airforce are completely neutralized.

If we strike North Korea, we will have to neutralize all the artillery and missiles that are aimed at Seoul before they can fire, or risk the lives of millions of civilians.

So how do you do that? I would say neutron bombs, and regular nukes would have to be used. No getting around it, sans maybe the rods from God.

I just don't want to get nuked at the whim of a madman.

If Kim Jong'll wants to touch off underground nukes, fine.

If he wants to blast some North Korean patriotic radio stations into orbit, fine.

If he wants to test some military hardware, fine.

If he wants to test an ICBM, fine.

If he attacks us, we need to pave his country in green glowing glass.

PERIOD.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
they all deserve it? Why do you think people have come to hate america so much? Our children never grow up and go on to be fools with power.

You have my pity. Such ignorant veiws will have no place in the future.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I just don't want to get nuked at the whim of a madman.

I'm feeling this is how the iraqi's look at us!

Never thought about it like that.

N. Korea, as much as everyone likes to poke fun at them, is a serious threat.

While everyone is sitting back
at them, they can easily attack.

America's arrogance would be a big downfall.

Just like this, imagine right before you got into a fight, and the person comes up and sticks their face in your and goes what what what you gonna do, and your like punch now! And their out cold.

America stretching into another attack. Yikes, I can't afford it, a lil broke at the moment.

I don't really know about killing all the innocent people because of this one admin.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Look, the people of North Korea need to overthrow their government, and take it back before their reckless leader gets them all killed. I'm sorry but I have really thought about it. When you get nuclear weapons you are automatically in an elite club of nations with the power of God at their fingertips.

You have to understand that when you threaten other nuclear powers, and especially if you attack them, you run the risk of total destruction, and that means the people of North Korea too.

It is a sad state of affairs on this planet right now, but this is the hand we were dealt.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just curious, isn't their leader suppose to be bi-polar?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I have issues with what you stated. While it may seem like the simple solution to blow them away not only would be destroying there country, but we would destroy South Korea and part of the sea, not to mention to the earthquakes and tsunamis that the nukes may cause.

Look, the people of North Korea need to overthrow their government, and take it back before their reckless leader gets them all killed.

Do you know how much work is needed for a successful coup? You need people on the inside and higher ups. Civilians cannot do it all on their own. This is no movie. This is reality. Coups take time and Coups need players.

I alos have another issue why would you use bio weapons? Not only is that against the Geneva Convention, but that is an accident ready to happen. Bio weapons? They spread, the winds carry them and could possibly hurt the good guys or the untargeted group of people.

If they nuke us, we do not need to nuke them. Other countries will take care of that for us, while we maybe hated all over, their are morals and things that you just do not do. If Korea bombs us they will be the #1 hated country in the WORLD.

But oif nukes were the only choices and war was the only choice you may want to rethink how easy it of a solution it is, because it really is more complicated than what you put it.

top topics

join