It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdoch CEO Labels Bloggers "Political Extremists"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Murdoch CEO Labels Bloggers "Political Extremists"!

www.prisonplanet.com

A stinging attack by John Hartigan, the CEO of Rupert Murdoch’s News Limited, labels bloggers and alternative media outlets as “political extremists”. Hartigan implies that bloggers should be jailed as they are in oppressive police states like China and Burma.

In a speech to the National Press Club, Hartigan savagely dismissed blogs as, “Something of such little intellectual value as to be barely discernible from massive ignorance.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So Rupert and his CEO are now both feeling threatened by the great minds that remain free from chains.

Oh, they are seething that we do not buy into their brainwashing anymore! They pace and twist, wringing thier hands. thier small minds schemeing on ways to end this injustice!

Dramatization...I think not! These guys are not going to stop untill they are turned back from the halls of government!

“Bloggers don’t go to jail for their work. They simply aren’t held accountable like real reporters….It could be said the blogosphere is all eyeballs and no insights,” barked Hartigan.

Hartigan doesn’t seem to grasp the fact that the mainstream media is always found wanting because they habitually lie about news events and spin stories to suit the demands of their corporate owners.

They want to jail us now...We bloggers will not be stopped!

I like what blogger Darryl Mason has to say about this today!

John Hartigan is full of ~snip~. Bloggers have gone to jail for their work, and to protect their sources, in North Korea, Iran, Egypt, the list of countries persecuting bloggers grows longer by the week. And the CEO of Australia's biggest news corporation doesn't know this?

Yes he knows it, he wants more of it. He wants all of them in jail or stopped!

yournewreality.blogspot.com...

Full Transcript of Hartigans comments here:
www.crikey.com.au...

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-7-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't know man i'm seeing too much 'change' since Obama came into office.

Murdoch, Kissinger and the Rockerfellers and their constant attack on the internet is pathetic.

Bloggers aren't held accountable?
Does he not know what blogging means?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You know, I am sure somewhere in his think tank investigations he pays for he has seen a few blogs.

For real, these old goats are just not catching on that some of us can not be kept in a box. They can not accept that once they had the

Golden Goose that layed gold eggs...now she is dead.

And bloggers killer her!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm watching Freedom watch right now....and Napolitano was talking about a bill the House passed today that rules certain political and anti-government speak to be under the guise of terrorism.....and this includes anything posted on the internet or anywhere else.

I've been googling this and have yet to find anything. Supposedly it is going to the Senate now.

Anyone have any information on this? I've tried congress.gov but it's not easy to search.

If this is true...this is an attack on free speech.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thats ok.
Rupert Murdoch is entitled to his opinion,gotta love free speech.
He is welcomed to think what he wants.
Just like I think his "news" channel is fake and nothing but propaganda filled entertainment.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it." -

-- Voltaire

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David, see this thread...the information about that bill is all here
Along with a link to fight it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Federal hate crimes legislation, which in reality would criminalize “thought crimes,” has cleared the House and now faces the Senate as S.909, the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act (officially, the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act).

S.909 is a direct violation of the First Amendment. It allows the federal government to prosecute people involved in “hate speech” transmitted over television, radio, and the internet
Url
Information on Hate Crimes Bill

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
These people are pissed that some of us seem to be awake.

The dumbing down isnt really working. There's too much information out there that people are learning about.

Gee, could this stop the NWO and its plans, immediate plans, or would this just give them the ammunition to go full speed ahead and do us all in sooner rather than later????

This remains to be seen. I think it will be the later myself.

God help us.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It makes me ill to have to agree with those nasty little hatemongers, but it is true. We do find a lot of extreme politics in blogs, a lot of it with little intellectual content & some based on outright lies. About the same as talk radio then.
The only reason they're bleating about it is because it's popular & not making them any money.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I love it when the Rothschilds, Rockerfellers and Murdoch et al, start crying just because people DARE to have an opinion of the world.

They won't be happy until they control every aspect of our lives, but sadly for them... The information has become too wide spread.

This is a personal message to Murdoch....

'Go swivel'

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I must agree with the man. Most bloggers I come across spew the most useless words ever to be spewed. Some are funny, informative and sometimes even smart. But I so agree that many of them should be forced into labor camps, or sent on free vacations.

However, nobody can question the might of the pen. It has gone places no man has gone before, and even when God himself rained acid upon the night sky of acropolis, the pen stood there alone waiting for his family to return.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nine0099thousand

But it doesn't matter, even if every blogger is stupid that doesn't mean they are extremists.

Plus you know very well that these idiots don't know the difference between blogging and posting a thread on a forum or even responding to a thread like I am doing here.

Anything that you type in an open forum to them is blogging I guarantee you.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand

I must agree with the man. Most bloggers I come across spew the most useless words ever to be spewed. Some are funny, informative and sometimes even smart. But I so agree that many of them should be forced into labor camps, or sent on free vacations.

However, nobody can question the might of the pen. It has gone places no man has gone before, and even when God himself rained acid upon the night sky of acropolis, the pen stood there alone waiting for his family to return.

I don't care if there are people out there who are sure that I am the anti-christ and see it as their mission to get the message out, they have every right to say it, it is their personal opinion.

Same goes for me, I am allowed to discuss my beliefs aswell as others, free from any persecution. This include telling everyone I meet what horrible, greedy little bastards these people really are and what they are really up to, IMO of course!

Swiv on my mid-digit.

EMM

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hartigan is another useless parasite riding on the backs of those who do real work.

Someone should spank this child and put him in his room for time out for throwing such a whiny little temper tantrum.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Truth is, these people are the textbook definition of 'self-appointed' elites. Their perspective is that we are all ignorant, and our thoughts and perceptions are just like a poison spreading through society.

Truth is, they are exactly the same as those folks from that Moliere play about the King and his invisible clothes. Dare speak the truth and it becomes criminal.

And frankly, even if a blogger is volatile, vulgar, or outrageous, THAT is not a crime. It is NOT criminal to be wrong about something, nor is it criminal to state that thing, in error. What IS criminal is the notion that speech should be restrained and restricted to avoid upsetting them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

What IS criminal is the notion that speech should be restrained and restricted to avoid upsetting them.

yes, and also, those who know the truth and lie about it for money!
Now if someone knows the truth, and hides it for money, what kind of a person is that?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is how the procession goes.

Stage 1: Freedom of speech enshrined in the constitution and deeply understood and respected by a majority of Americans.

Stage 2: Policitcal correctness is introduced and nourished. Playing on highly emotionally-laden feelings, guilt, and sympathies connected with historical events rather an analysis of the cold hard facts. Process highly adgitated by brainwashing of the upper/upper-middle classes along this line in higher academia, and among the lower classes by tearjerker hollywood productions about "oppression" and "tragedy" as well as references, jokes, etc. surrounding the topic, nibbling away at the edges of the old way of thinking slowly until an almost automatic, knee-jerk poltically correct mindset is instilled at all levels.

Stage 3: Political correctness has now taken deep roots. There is no need to formally censor or sanction individuals about this matter: they "self-police" themselves inside of their own skulls to never, ever mention certian topics and to bury doubts and opinions deep inside themselves out of fear. Certain lines of thought are automatically nipped in the bud (what orwell called the mental exercise of "Crimestop"...mental self-censoring...in his "1984"). Fear of losing a job, fear of "causing offense," fear of "being labled a bad guy," etc. actually shape the thoughts people think, re-wiring neurology and psychology on individual and mass levels.

Stage 4: Now the public has basically brainwashed ITSELF along intended lines. TPTB barely had to lift a finger, although patience was called for to reach this stage. The plan is going swimmingly. Its now time for TPTB to introduce actual legislation undercutting the First Ammendment in the form of "hate law." and legal internet censorship. This will add legal punch to the swirling anxiety already in most people's heads, and completely cut off certain lines of thought, inquiry, discussion, etc. It is at this point that actual freedom of speech and thought, as envisioned by the Framers of the Constitution, actually disappears. Certain meticulously documented information now freely available on the internet will simply vanish one bright blue morning, and textbooks will be further rewritten. This is the point right around the corner from where we are at now.

Stage 5: Totalitarian lockdown on the few remaining loose strands and oddballs like me who will never give up, especially on the Internet. Coming soon to a server near you. Well, they can haul me off in an orange jumpsuit (or put a bullet in my skull) before I modifuy my mind and speech for them, I say. I owe this much to the men who have died for 200 years to protect Freedom of Speech. As for the idea of "freedom of speech" itself, it will be systamatically ridiculed, seen as old fashioned and out of steps with our "fast-paced global world," or perhaps "right wing." It will become the butt of jokes in the mainstream media, and finally take on a pejoritive and dangerous association within the general population, to the point that the words make people shudder inwardly. People will finally believe that "too much freedom is dangerous," and that what we think, speculate on, and read needs to be tightly censored.

If this doesn't make you sick enough to puke your guts out, well, you've drunk the coolaide my friends. We are well on the fast track to all this playing out.

[edit on 7/2/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hartigan and this guy must have the same DNA

Television is a place of maturity and thought. The blogosphere is a place of “dickweeds.”

That’s according to CNBC host Dennis Kneale, who’s declared the recession over, and who went postal on critical financial bloggers Tuesday.
url

You know, these guys are begging for it.

top topics

join