It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shining

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
has anyone evergone the "shining" like from the book and movie?? very interesting but is it true? help and brother

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Im really not sure what you mean by this?

But heres a hint

1. please try and research a little before you post on a subject,
Just look up on it a little so we have an idea what its about,

Just makes it easyer to reply to what your asking, maybe you can tell us a little more about it?

Asala

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think I know what willizbiko's talking about. From the book, it's a flash of information, usually preceded by sensory phenomena (like a smell, or a particular sight, or sound). It was intended to be fiction, when it was written, but I don't know if Stephen King did research into it first, so it might be accurate.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hi all!

I presume willizbiko means "The Shining"? If so, a synopsis states:

"A father is a recovered alcoholic, and he loses his job due to his alcohol problem. So now he's offered a job managing a resort/hotel in the winter in Denver Co.
His son Danny, who has the ability to almost foretell what happens, is scared for some reason. He has an imaginary friend, Tony, who is telling him very clearly that something is wrong here at this hotel. His parents don't really believe him, and think he is being silly, until things REALLY do begin to happen. There was trouble from day one with the bees, and it goes on from there.

Room 217 at the hotel is a horror story in itself. It has a great big lock on there, and people are forbidden to enter. Danny is curious, though, and he manages to get a key and enter the room. More trouble starts.

Boppy, Resident Stephen King Scholar"

from here

But I don't know where he got his ideas from. Stephen King says:

"I get my ideas from everywhere. But what all of my ideas boil down to is seeing maybe one thing, but in a lot of cases it's seeing two things and having them come together in some new and interesting way, and then adding the question 'What if?' 'What if' is always the key question."

from here

I don't know if that helps?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
thats pretty much it. the person who has it has flashes of the future and sometimes the past. and like asala said, a smell or sight of something is related to it.

so does anyone have any experience with this shining stuff?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sounds intresting, I think i have heard a little about it.
i will see if i can find any more info on this,

new topics

top topics

join