It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I becoming desensitized ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Two nights ago at about 3:15am cst I woke up to go to the bathroom as I was sitting there(yes sitting) I looked out the window to my left witch faces directly south when I see this light coming toward Chicago from the south it looked like a plane coming in on approach but moving a little fast,now I live in the Chicago land area and see alot of planes there are alot of airports so it wasn't to unusual(although I don't recall seeing this flight path before)so I'm watching it and all of a sudden it slows to a stop and doesn't move for at least five minutes(the time it took to wrap things up)so I go to the window and watch for a minute or two and then go back to bed.Now if this would have happened a couple of years ago I would have freaked out calling every one and waking every one in the house,but instead my reaction was, meh, it probably is a just UFO I'll check some sites tomorrow and see if it was and i went back to bed.I realized just how crazy this was now,weather or not this was a UFO ,I believe it was,and my reaction or non reaction was to go back to bed.I think is indicative of whats going on in the world today.We have become so desensitized that a spotting UFO doesn't even keep me up at night.Any one else feel this? ( by the way I never even got around to checking if there were any sightings. weak huh)?....................edit for grammer

[edit on 1-7-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Eventually you'll realize all this # happening just keeps everyone on the edge. And that is the idea. Just close enough for the people to have the idea to turn on the government, but not enough for them to still obey and follow their self destructive system.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Spending inordinate amounts of time reading posts on ATS over the course of 2 months has desensitized me. At first I thought this site was really awesome. Infowars had a link to this board and I followed it and discovered that intelligence and courtesy can be a gift on the internet search for information.

The sheer amount of topics and subject matter, ranging from political, religious, ufology, breaking news, etc. and the replies of members are overwhelming. Then throw in the rules and decorum factor, friends, stars and flags, and one starts to feel like there is very little impact ONE can have on the world. That is desensitizing.

You thought you may have witnessed a UFO and went back to sleep! Think about that...who would've believed you anyway unless you documented everything and backed it up with clear, undisputable video.

Desensitized. Sensory Overload.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Is desensitization a bad thing? If your mind is clear from frantic or nervous observations, then, doesn't it stand to reason that you'd be able to rationalize what you saw or react quicker than if you wasted it with "Oh, my Gods!"?

top topics

join